Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   3-D Baby Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/3-d-baby-quilt-t189740.html)

flikkem 05-24-2012 06:25 AM

It's a sweet, sweet quilt.

KyKaren1949 05-24-2012 06:37 AM

How Rude and very unappreciative! You did a great job! I guess you just have to take satisfaction knowing a precious baby will hopefully get to use it. We'll just have to wish extra hard that it becomes the baby's favorite "blankie!"

dorismae904 05-24-2012 06:49 AM

Bet the child really loves it. Good job.

delideb64 05-24-2012 07:09 AM

I like the 3d pinwheels - and the gracious way you handled the situation. Thanks for sharing it here :)

Helen S 05-24-2012 07:19 AM

That's so sad to hear. The little "propellers" are just adorable. Shame on her!

krista 05-24-2012 07:30 AM

that is a beautiful quilt! Shame on her for not seeing the love you put into it for her baby! When she is older she will frown on her behavior.

scisyb220 05-24-2012 07:34 AM

Earleen: she may not realize the love you put into that quilt, but the baby will feel it every time he uses that quilt! You did a beautiful job & it is a darling little quilt! I know that she may not have understood what she had, but shame on HER mother for not pointing out to her what was given with such care AND grace! I made a quilt for my daughter's baby shower, using fabrics in a pattern she chose, which was used as a decoration during the shower (so everyone could see it my DD said). She used it from the moment the baby was born & it is in almost every photo of him from newborn on! It makes my heart sing to know how much it means to her. I feel so sad that girl didn't understand the love & blessings she held in her hands in your quilt. Now you know that many others here appreciate & honor the beauty of your gift.

BuzzinBumble 05-24-2012 08:00 AM

That's terrible and how ungracious of her! It's an adorable quilt that I'm sure baby will love despite his mommy! Maybe when she finally does unfold it she will realize her mistake... :(

BuzzinBumble 05-24-2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by scisyb220 (Post 5239854)
Earleen: she may not realize the love you put into that quilt, but the baby will feel it every time he uses that quilt! You did a beautiful job & it is a darling little quilt! I know that she may not have understood what she had, but shame on HER mother for not pointing out to her what was given with such care AND grace! I made a quilt for my daughter's baby shower, using fabrics in a pattern she chose, which was used as a decoration during the shower (so everyone could see it my DD said). She used it from the moment the baby was born & it is in almost every photo of him from newborn on! It makes my heart sing to know how much it means to her. I feel so sad that girl didn't understand the love & blessings she held in her hands in your quilt. Now you know that many others here appreciate & honor the beauty of your gift.

Oh my goodness, scisyb, you said that so beautifully!

grandme26 05-24-2012 08:14 AM

Beautiful quilt. I feel sorry for the poor mother who seems to be unable to acknowledge something that took time and energy to make. Hand made is so much nicer than just another blanket. I hope she grows up before her child.