Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   3 more classes for Ruler Work online classes then finished. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/3-more-classes-ruler-work-online-classes-then-finished-t302168.html)

d.rickman 01-11-2019 08:40 PM

Ruler Work

Originally Posted by GEMRM (Post 8191053)
Looks fantastic! Could you share what class it was you took please?

I am doing an on-line class with [email protected], it is a 7 months course where you do one class per month, she will send you a schedule when your classes are available. She teaches other courses as well, ie., feathers etc., Her name is Pam, and you can reach her at the above noted email. She is setting up a class list presently I believe, so you may want to get on board at your earliest. The course cost approx. $35 the biggest cost is the rulers.

I purchased the "Ruler Work Kit + Janet's Ruler Quilt Design Book" it includes 7 template designs, spacing gauge and 8.5 Cross Hair Square Ruler, the other rulers you may require are as follows:Template Sampler Set which includes the following 6: Simple Circle 2 inch,
12 inch arc inch,
Spin-E-Fex No. 4 - 3 1/2 inch - Clam shell CO2-H 5 inch x 1 inch - 6 inch spiral and spinning wheel 36 5.5.

I also purchased 8 and 1/2 inch Cross Hair Square (6 point), and 2 packages of Stable tape

I believe there are other folks that have rulers they sell, you also need to have a high or low shank ruler foot for your domestic sewing machine.

Respectfully, Donna

jamsbuying 01-12-2019 09:00 AM

Beautiful work. I am envious... haven’t opened the rulers I bought.

d.rickman 01-12-2019 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 8190451)
Your ruler work is beautiful. That is something I really want to learn this year. I watched a video by Pam Varner & she seems to be an excellent teacher. Do you have to get in on the beginning of the class or can you sign up anytime & go back & watch the classes that you missed? I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your work.

If you contact Pam (at the email I sent in another post), and pay your fee once she corresponds with you to let you know how much (Mine was $35 US funds) then she will send you an email and let you know the date you can start, and you can also ask her where to get your rulers and any other questions you may have...she is wonderful to deal with and also a very good teacher. Have fun with the classes!

d.rickman 01-12-2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by suern3 (Post 8190913)
Looks great! Which online classes did you take?

In response to all the questions where I took my online classes, it was through Pam Varner@[email protected] is an american teacher, and just a delightful
person and a great teacher!

Doggramma 01-12-2019 10:23 AM

What beautiful quilting

d.rickman 01-12-2019 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by GEMRM (Post 8191053)
Looks fantastic! Could you share what class it was you took please?

In response to your question, I am doing ruler work with the on-line classes by Pam Varner at [email protected]. There are 7 classes for this ruler work online. I highly recommend her
as an instructor - she is very knowledgeable and helpful to the students, you can ask any questions once the
class has began - Pam will start the video's and you can chose to be online with your questions or by using your
keyboard. I found it easier to do the classes by listening and watching, and I also took notes. When the classes
for that date are finished....Pam will send you an email with her tips and techniques, along with all the videos you watched for that particular class, you can download them onto your computer! Those videos remain to be yours forever.
You can review and go back and check out the things you may have missed during that class and make your blocks - that way it is easier on you and you can take your time to make them perfect. Keeping your sewing machine presser ruler foot touching the template is most important, as are matching the lines on the template and keeping them straight while you do the stitching. The videos originate in Australia with Leonie West, the designer of the westalee designs adjustable ruler for which her husband Bill and herself received the New Inventors Grand Final Peoples Choice Award. Leonie has been quilting for over 37 years. You will need a special low - medium - high shank or high shank special for your domestic sewing machine. If you still have questions, do not hesitate to contact me again. I think you will like those classes. Have a great weekend.

nativetexan 01-12-2019 04:06 PM

Oh i love your circles. the look perfect!!

madamekelly 01-13-2019 07:40 PM

Fabulous work and the perfect thing to finish “potholder quilt” style or QAG would look nice too.

ania755 01-14-2019 06:53 AM

Hiw nice..so many posibilities ...Good luck

Sallybear6 01-14-2019 07:34 AM

Wow, you are doing a great job. Looking forward to the final quilt!