Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   3 weeks ago... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/3-weeks-ago-t124994.html)

VickiM 05-23-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by QUILTNMO
great quilts please some of your energy this way lol

Sending it................ :thumbup:

VickiM 05-23-2011 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by franie
I am astonished! My goodness--were you chained to the sewing room? I don't use that spray but will keep the goo gonein mind. Your work is wonderful! Busy lady!

I'm one of the lucky ones...I don't work. In that room most days from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a few breaks. With gas prices being what they are, do all my errands once a week (so no sewing that day). I know most aren't that lucky.

VickiM 05-23-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mimee4
You have been quilting up a storm. Great work on each quilt. I especially like the scrappy strip quilt. Looks like one I should do and get rid of some of these scrap strips! Thanks for sharing.

That's exactly what I was doing! I just grabbed any 2 1/2" strip that was less than WOF, cut them to 13", strip sewed together out of a paper bag without looking (using them as leaders & enders), then I trimmed to 12 1'2"squares. Added solids as sashings to work out in the zig zag pattern to spice it up. I was quite surprised at how I liked how it came out. Try it, you'll like it. :lol: BTW, many of my scrap quilts are done as leaders & enders; & before you know it, you're ready to put another top together, you've used up some scraps, and saved thread along with it. ;-)

VickiM 05-23-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Wow, need a vacation yet? hehehe I just love your work, I really like the sampler quilts, since you are on a roll.... LOL Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful quilts!

Actually, yes. I leave for N.C. on Wed. for a 3-week vacation at my daughters. We quilt together over there too (I have a machine of my own there, too)...& visit lots of quilt shops! I have done really well NOT buying much fabric this year...my stash is way out of hand (& so are my scraps--STILL!), but I rather doubt I'll be able to be very good while there. Hubby, grand daughter in my avatar, & I are driving up (oh, and the dog--cat will be boarded at my vet), the two of them & the dog will drive back on Tues. & I stay another 2 weeks & fly back...I CAN'T WAIT! :lol: That's kinda what spurred me on to get these done. I also have a craftshow 2 weeks after I get back, so will have to finish up stuff for it. Then a couple days after that I have to have right foot surgery, may not be able to drive (who cares?) or sew for 6 weeks. Let's see how long it takes before I figure out how to sew left-footed!!! :lol:

VickiM 05-23-2011 05:44 PM

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments. Hope I gave some of you ideas for scrap quilts or quick donation quilts or ideas for using leaders & enders and coming up with a quilt with them. And the great cleaning idea with the Goo Gone. Happy quilting!!!

Rose L 05-23-2011 05:47 PM

Wow! That's amazing that you got so many finished in that short amount of time. They are beautiful!!

Jingle 05-23-2011 05:50 PM

Beautiful, you have been really busy.

nabobw 05-23-2011 06:15 PM

wow you have been busy

Nanjun 05-24-2011 12:35 PM

You really turned out a load of work. I like all of them and think I may be able to make a few. Thanks for sharing.

roxie623 05-24-2011 08:42 PM

Okay I got wore out just thinking about all of that sewing. Great job!