Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   3D Maze #13 with a little help from the LOTR Pez dispensers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/3d-maze-13-little-help-lotr-pez-dispensers-t280294.html)

sewbizgirl 07-11-2016 08:25 PM

Your pictures are a scream! Great use of Pez dispensers.

mjhaess 07-12-2016 05:52 AM

What a wonderful gift....

Annz 07-12-2016 11:25 AM

Great ideas for the quilts. They look great.

Homemother 07-12-2016 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by maryellen2u (Post 7599759)
I love your quilt! The back is amazing! I have this pattern and plan to make it-for the challenge. However I want to make it in different colors, maybe something brighter. What's your advice?

Thank you! Brighter would work fine. I chose the gray and black because they play nicely with the pebble fabric. I had gone to a sewing shop to ask for help picking other colors and the ladies I talked to couldn't think farther than black and gray, just like me.

As long as your have strong contrasting colors, with the darkest representing the maze walls, your maze will pop. The top of the walls should be a fabric that has no appeal. Strange, yes, but less is better. If you have a busy or striking fabric on the top of the walls, your eye will have to work hard to see beyond that.

After making many of these mazes, the best suggestions are: the top of the walls should be bland, the walls should be dark, and the pathway should be busy. The eye should be drawn to the path and then to the walls, which creates depth. Take a look at my maze pictures and you can decide which fabric values appeal to you!

Have fun with it!

Homemother 07-12-2016 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 7597940)
Great photo shoot! The addition of the Pez really make it look like the characters are in a maze. You did a wonderful job, front and back.

I have a to give my daughter all the credit for the Pez idea. I was so thrilled when she sent the pictures to me! Why didn't I think of taking pictures that way?

kathyathome 12-27-2017 06:03 PM

I like this quilt over some of the labyrinths that have taller "walls" forming the labyrinth. Your lower walls make the pathways more evident. Can you direct me to a place I could buy the pattern? I also love the pathways with fabric simulating something you might actually walk on. If you just made up the pattern, then my hat is definitely off to you! Gorgeous quilt.

BrendaK 12-28-2017 01:01 AM

I love it. Once I entered the maze there was a way for me to exit. I hate getting stuck in those things. You did a wonderful job. BrendaK

dilyn 12-28-2017 02:21 AM

your quilt is stunning!

quilterpurpledog 12-28-2017 05:10 AM

Great 3-D quilt. Perfect in every way and I love the photography. It just makes the viewing of you quilt more fun and impressive. Great work.

Jordan 12-28-2017 08:36 AM

Quite an amazing quilt and looks like lots of work. You did a beautiful job on it.