Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   4° MUF's finished: Casitas!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/4%B0-mufs-finished-casitas-t210944.html)

Letty 01-17-2013 10:25 AM

Love it, well done! x

trolleystation 01-17-2013 03:56 PM

Great idea, great quilting...great wallhanging.

owlvamp 01-17-2013 04:08 PM

Very cute!

GV09 01-17-2013 05:05 PM

Hello everyone!
Thank you very much for all lovely words!
Cute concepts and your support are my inspiration to continue forward... learning and learning!
Every Word makes my heart happy and blushes my face!
Really thank you very much!
A big hug to each!

MissBarbQuilts 01-17-2013 10:12 PM

Gladys, bien hecho! Es con verguenza que quisiera hacerle una pregunta. Cual es la palabra para quilt en espanol? Ningunas de mis amigas saben aunque son de centroamerica. Ay.

audsgirl 01-17-2013 10:44 PM

This is just adorable, Gladys! As JBeamer said, a lot of people call little houses cottages. That brings to mind somewhere cozy and comfortable and inviting. Well done!

rainsprite 01-17-2013 10:45 PM

I think you are a crazy girl, I have to re-learn how to paper piece everytime I do something but I have local people I can ask. I always cut pieces too small, or do something wrong - so I admire your courage.

Yours is fun and a testiment to your determination to learn. I love the little flying geese quilt on the line and your fabrics are great.

I love that you are not afraid to try something new. They built the railroad from Vienna over the Alps to Venice before they had an engine that could pull a train through the mountains. That is what you have done, you built the tracks and your determination was the engine. That said, sometimes it really IS easier to start at the beginning and build on what you learn.

However, I think you will chart your own path and forge ahead, artists do.

Cindy

GV09 01-18-2013 05:02 AM

Hola, MissBarbQuilts!
Gracias! No hay una palabra que traduzca exactamente a quilt. Porque no es un hobby muy habitual. Lo más usado es la palabra: Colcha. Es como se conocen a los cubre camas que están realizados como un quilt (3 capas) y unidos mediante un acolchado (quilting), pero suelen ser sólo en lineas cuadriculadas, sin dibujos o con telas que ya traen el bateo en el dorso unido por este acolchado cuadriculado. Espero haberme explicado.
Un gran abrazo!

GV09 01-18-2013 05:03 AM

Thank you very much! I learn ea new word each day!
A big hug!

GV09 01-18-2013 05:11 AM

Hello, Cindy! Thank you very much!
I think I'm a little crazy too! Hahaha!
I get in each grooming just because something like me! Then I can see how solve it! I know that it is not ideal, but it is what works for me in my circumstances.
At this point, after 3 years of learning as well, I don't know really if it could continue classes set out with a teacher's Guide.
I think we all adapt to what we have at hand, if we really want something. And learn Patchwork was my dream for years! And now I feel like a fish in the water (and not because of the sign of PISCES)! Hahaha!
Thanks for reading what I try to convey both carefully!
A hug!