Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   4 Kaffe projects from one quilt kit (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/4-kaffe-projects-one-quilt-kit-t316837.html)

cat-on-a-mac 11-14-2021 07:47 AM

4 Kaffe projects from one quilt kit

4 Attachment(s)
This past summer, I did the "Gather No Moss" quilt-along (wasn't much of a quilt-along) because I wanted to see if I could learn to work with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I like many of them individually, but the wild combinations can drive you batty. Anyway, I bought the kit and made the quilt and had quite a bit of every fabric left over. So I paired the leftovers with some solids I had and used them for another quilt, which was a free pattern I had downloaded years ago, called "Split Squares" . That is done with strip sets ... when I finished with that, I had some interesting "blocks" left over from the sets, and so I made them into some placemats, using more of the Kaffe leftovers for borders. Still had some leftovers, so made matching hot pads. I think I got my money's worth from that quilt kit!

EmiliasNana 11-14-2021 09:27 AM

You are so creative. Everyone of the projects turned out fantastic and I applaud you on your use of the scraps. The quilt is gorgeous and my college roommate who is a huge fan of Kaffe fabrics would covet it.

osewme 11-14-2021 09:43 AM

Good golly, Miss Molly! You did fantastic with just one quilt kit. I really like the finished quilt & the extra quilt you made from the leftover pieces. The place mats & hot pads are another genius way to use up the rest. I'd say you did better than most people with your left over fabrics from one quilt kit. Thanks for the show!

Ariannaquilts 11-14-2021 09:49 AM

I really like the projects where you used the solids. I’m probably the only person on the planet that is not a fan of Kaffe Fassett or Tula Pink but there have been some things that I’ve seen where the maker tuned it down by using solid fabric and I liked what they made. You did a great job with your quilting too.

tallchick 11-14-2021 09:50 AM

Wow, I love all of them especially the quilt, what a great use of scraps, your quilting is fabulous! I love Kaffe fabrics they are so vibrant and fun.

Homespun 11-15-2021 06:16 AM

All your projects are lovely!

SusieQOH 11-15-2021 07:35 AM

What fabulous projects!
You just gave me some great ideas, thanks! I love Kaffe fabrics and have many but never know what to do with them. Now I know :)

Three Dog Night 11-15-2021 08:17 AM

They are beautiful and absolutely love your quilting. Way to use up every scrap of leftover fabric.

materialworld 11-15-2021 08:28 AM

Very creative with your fabric leftover blocks! Your KF quilt is amazing too. Well done!

MicheleC 11-16-2021 07:52 AM

Nice use of the leftover fabrics! All the projects look wonderful but the second quilt struck me. I love the way you did the border.