Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   4 Patch Posies Supreme (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/4-patch-posies-supreme-t20452.html)

Alabama-Quilter 05-23-2009 03:28 AM

Your quilt is beautiful,thank you for showing the picture.

Bevanger 05-23-2009 03:55 AM

BEAUTIFUL

pocoellie 05-23-2009 04:22 AM

Beautiful!!!!

sandpat 05-23-2009 04:51 AM

Its beautiful and awesome!!!! Can we see a close up of a block???? I do love the back too...great job! All my colors too!

sewjoyce 05-23-2009 04:54 AM

Absolutely gorgeous!!

nana2 05-23-2009 05:00 AM

Such great colors and great design for a more modern effect. My daughter is wanting a new bed coverning. I will show her this when she visits today. I might be able to get her interested in helping to get it made. In fact, it would be great for daughter, granddaughter, and me to work on this. That would the work of three generations.

dunster 05-23-2009 07:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Geta
Gorgeous quilt, lovely colors ! The center of the blocks is Kaleidoscope ?

The centers are sort of a "poor man's kaleidoscope". They're stacked 4-deep (instead of six or eight) and cut into squares. Then they're assembled like a kaleidoscope (same corner of the design in the center of the 4-patch). Then after a frame is put on, a triangular corner is added to each, and the corner is also cut from a 4-deep stack so it adds to the kaleidoscope look. (Clear as mud?)

Someone asked if I could add some pictures of the individual posies, so here they are.

dunster 05-23-2009 07:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Loretta
Welcome to the Quiltingboard from Wisconsin! Your quilt is lovely! Did you like quilting it in sections? I haven't tried that yet. Good for you!

Hello from Oregon (Albany). I started quilting in sections last year because I knew I couldn't maneuver a large quilt under my sewing machine. This is the 5th bed quilt I've made this way. If I had my druthers, I would probably quilt on a longarm, but in the meantime this is an acceptable alternative. It does leave a ridge where the extra seams go, but few people notice it unless they touch it. It's a lot easier to layer a quilt when it's in sections, and easier to use pieced backing.

More pictures...

dunster 05-23-2009 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie

Did you lap quilt it?

Ninnie

No, it's machine quilted. I have tried hand quilting, but so far I just haven't developed the skill. I really envy those who do it. Maybe I need more patience? The last thing I tried was a busier fabric, and I couldn't see the stitches, so I decided it wasn't worth the extra effort to hand quilt it. I hope to try again.

Shemjo 05-23-2009 07:37 AM

That is one beautiful quilt! I have done the 4 patch posey, but this takes it one step further! I LOVE it! Have actually got fabric for my next one and I may try this approach! Great way to combine two complimentary fabrics! WOW! :lol: :lol: