Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   57000 stitches.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/57000-stitches-t114932.html)

QweenBee 04-11-2011 08:12 PM

Very sweet!

KSue 04-11-2011 08:23 PM

Very, very cute.

thebossbab 04-11-2011 08:59 PM

WOW!!!! Great work and I'm sure your GF will love it also.

JanieH 04-11-2011 09:01 PM

Beautiful!

vschieve 04-11-2011 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaBabs
I love that name... i'll bet you have fun.... and as for the "wanderer"... HIS LOSS..................

Originally Posted by vschieve

Originally Posted by GrammaBabs
while i have the camera out.. a few friends said to post this... it's ME (machine embroidery)... but i'm so proud... the thread didn't break once!!!
Have wanted to do this for a long time,,, my dear GF loves this print... i found it in ME and am going to make her a tote for her B-Day... we are a group of 4 girls that Graduated from the same school, same class,,, and married our HS sweethearts... and are STILL married to them... we get together about 6 times a year...

Sounds like our group; there are four of us that went from elementary, jr. high and high school and we get together for each our birthdays and other outings as well. We call ourselves the "Spring Chicks Forever". Only one of the GF's married high school sweetheart and after two grown daughters he went for a younger girl. bummer

Yep, the "wanderer" went for a young intern working for him in his vet clinic; made his daughter very angry, she quit working there. The little romance with younger chick failed; he met another and married her; she keeps him away from his daughters and grandchildren. sooo sad but hey, their lives have moved on. He really made a mess of his...

But yes, we "Spring Chicks Forever" always have a great time together.

I love that pattern and have emailed your design to the girls and they loved it. I had thought of making them all a tote bag with a spring chicken on it but I have so many UFOs right now and also WIPs which will get back to as soon as I finish income tax, and my mother's application for Medicaid. (worse than doing income tax, believe me. Info is all there just so much and so time consuming, copy this, copy that....went through it with my dad's five years ago so I knew what it was going to be like).

Happy times to you and your GFs.

WI Rose 04-12-2011 04:41 AM

Beautiful work.

Barnsey 04-12-2011 04:48 AM

beautiful

GrammaBabs 04-12-2011 07:20 AM

that is very common... i bought the magine back in 2000... i worked there.... took a few "lessons" from the Diva that is the "pro" there.... didn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me... for pros tend to take the basic stuff for granted.... just get the "book" (of course now it's a DVD heaven forbid we have paper copy for reference).. and take it one step at a time... which machine?... good luck , barbara

Originally Posted by Momsmurf
When I get my machine back from service I really must open the "courage" box and actually try it. In my mind I seem to be making the whole thing much harder than it probably is!

:D pm anytime

GrammaBabs 04-12-2011 07:23 AM

I love hearing all these others that have "stuck it out"... it's so much better.. espcially now that we are retired... remembering our "youth" and chuckling about NOW... who can get up from the chair fastest after an hr. or so of TV!!!!

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
Absolutely adorable. What kind of embroidery machine do you have? I will be looking for one around August (my b'day). I too have been married to my HS sweetheart for 37 yrs. What a milestone in this day.

:lol: Look into Janome... have a close dealer... have someone actually do a design... watch and see what seems more clear to you..

ScrapQuilter 04-12-2011 08:40 AM

That is so cute would be so cute on a bag.............