Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   5th block for my mystery quilt finished!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/5th-block-my-mystery-quilt-finished-t23600.html)

Janstar 08-01-2009 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New stuff I've never done before, attic windows, reverse applique and applique stems on the maple leaves. Don't know if my brain can handle all that good stuff! :shock: :lol:

Fall colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]42447[/ATTACH]

MollieSue 08-01-2009 04:43 PM

That is really pretty!!! You did a beautiful job on it! I love the fabrics you used!
What is 'reverse applique'?
:-)

amma 08-01-2009 04:45 PM

WoW, that's a beauty!!! :D :D :D

janRN 08-01-2009 06:21 PM

That's beautiful-love your choice of colors. Could you explain "reverse applique" please (sorry if that's a dumb question).

Ducky 08-01-2009 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer
That is really pretty!!! You did a beautiful job on it! I love the fabrics you used!
What is 'reverse applique'?
:-)

Everything she said! :lol: including the "what is reversed applique".

Really very lovely. Looks like a lot of work.

Janstar 08-01-2009 07:18 PM

I'm not to sure about myself, I know I did it wrong but it had the same end result that it was supposed to have. The directions said and I quote:
-Cut a 7 1/4"x7 1/4" sq. from white freezer paper.
-Place it on the pumpkin pattern and trace the image.
-Cut the inside of the image out and press the shiney side of the freezer paper to the WRONG side of a 7 1/4" x 7 1/4" background fabric.
-CAREFUL NOW! You will now cut away the inside image of your fabric but you must add a 3/16 seam allowance to the INSIDE of this image of your background fabric.

Alaskan lady 08-01-2009 07:22 PM

Looks like your brain is handling it just fine. Really like what you have have created. Thanks for sharing.

Ducky 08-01-2009 07:23 PM

Okey dokey. I followed that right up until the 3/16th inch seam thing. Huh? So, when you're cutting the pumpkin from the already-cut freezer paper, you cut 3/16th into the paper? Does that make any sense? I didn't know how to word the question. Interesting. Well, Janstar, your final product is wonderful....however you did it! :lol:

jacquemoe 08-01-2009 07:24 PM

It's so pretty. Don't you love trying new things?! I can understand why your head is spinning. Think you can do it again??? :D

Janstar 08-01-2009 07:26 PM

There's more.
-Clip curves and points.
-Apply fabric glue to the backside edges of your freezer paper image and fold the fabric over. This will keep seam allowance in place while you applique.
-Pin the pieced sq. behind the opening next to the glue and applique. If you wish you may use a stabilizer underneth the applique and remove it when finished.
-Applique in place.
- Trim the pieced fabric leaving 3/16 saem allowance from the applique stitching. Remove freezer paper.
If you can figure it out, more power to you!!!