Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   60 Inch Table Topper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/60-inch-table-topper-t306596.html)

MicheleC 08-29-2019 08:45 AM

That was a great safe place for your fabric! Beautiful topper.

solstice3 08-29-2019 10:49 AM

Great finish!!

d.rickman 08-29-2019 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616817[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana (Post 8295244)
I hope you still had the curtains! I bought matching fabric for the wall paper in our kitchen, for dining room placemats and you guessed it. Years later still undone, and we moved into a different house. Oh well. Finally gave the placemats away for someone else to deal with. I love your table covering though, even with or without curtains LOL

I still am using the same curtains, they are about 10 - 15 feet long, so will fit most any window size should we finally decide to move.

Jingle 08-29-2019 05:14 PM

Very nice finish. I am learning not to put things away. Because I have put some things away and can not find them.

Anniedeb 08-29-2019 07:27 PM

I have a pair of opal earrings that I "put away" for safe keeping. They were the fist gift my DH gave me when we were dating. I thought they were too pretty to wear, and didn't want to lose them. I have no clue what I did with them....any hints? Where did you find your fabric?

d.rickman 08-29-2019 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by lindsayfarm (Post 8295220)
Nice job. I just made a table topper but could not figure out how to make it round, so mine dangle over on the edges.

All I did to get the round in the table runner, took 2 very large pieces of freezer wrap and with the waxed side facing each other ironed those shiny sides together. Numbered the sides from 1 to 6 and attached the number to the middle of each side, so I would know which piece of the runner I was working on. Took the freezer paper and lined up the edge onto the freezer which I had placed beneath the runner, then drew a line along that edge from point to point- numbering line 1@top, adding on 6 inches to allow enough fabric as you will need some on each end, then drew another cutting line, and numbered that line 1 Bottom. My runner was 47 inches wide from point to point and I needed 57", (plus 1 inch + or -)seams, then added another couple of inches without doing a lot of math calculations, I just added on the 6 inches as noted above. Cutting out two of each of the fabrics 1 through 6, so I had . Then laid one of the batik fabrics on the right side of the runner and the 2nd piece of the Batik fabric - on the wrong side of the runner - underneath the runner. (I used batiks, as it doesn't matter which is right or wrong. When you fold over those two pieces, they should be wrong sides together, [TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="align: right"]
. I used my creative circle ruler in order to make the 180 inches into a circle and
in order not to have issues when putting on the binding, I sewed together the edges of these fabrics. Finally I sewed on the binding and just have to hand sew the reverse side of the binding onto the backing. [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I hope this explanation will assist you when you try to make a circular shape, when you have a square and need to add on more fabric to make a circle.

BrendaK 08-30-2019 12:35 AM

Very nice. BrendaK

Grandma Peg 08-31-2019 12:02 AM

Very nice table topper!