Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #23 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-23-photo-page-t111317.html)

Butterflyspain 05-12-2011 07:59 AM

Lovely fabrics and I love the colour choices

Jammin' Jane 05-12-2011 08:08 AM

They are all so pretty!

d.rickman 05-12-2011 12:08 PM

Lynnie, great colors, beautiful block.

lynnie k 05-14-2011 06:33 PM

I love all these blocks except the ones with the scrolls. My first block #17 with the scrolls came out awful but it is going in the quilt. I will trudge on with the rest of the scrolls. Maybe lightning will strike and the next one will be much better. But I am having fun making these blocks. All the blocks on the board are just stunning. I love the way the batiks just blend together with any colors you put with them. Well getting back to my blocks. Have fun
ladies.

Mousie 05-14-2011 07:06 PM

lynnie, love your block...light lavender is not used enough,...it is underappreciated. :thumbup:

d.rickman 05-14-2011 10:00 PM

Lynnie, thanks for making me laugh, those scrolls are also driving me crazy, would be good if I learned how to do them properly perhaps.

lynnie k 05-15-2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
Lynnie, thanks for making me laugh, those scrolls are also driving me crazy, would be good if I learned how to do them properly perhaps.

there has been so many tuts on how to make the scrolls but I am a hands on person and need to see them from start to finish Physically see them done. I just looked at the book again and there are so many more with these scrolls maybe I will do them all at once and get them out of the way maybe by the very last block I will have mastered these scrolls. I just finally got through the block #17 and it was ruff. but I will not give up I will try the next scroll block and see what I come up with. I think they would be much easier done raw edge on the machine but I wanted to do all the blocks by hand and the same size as the original quilt What a pain, but the rest of the blocks have been alot of fun. So off I go to sew another block.
thanks for all the nice comments on my blocks. I guess it isn't bad for my first attempt at Applique'

Mousie 05-15-2011 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie k

Originally Posted by d.rickman

there has been so many tuts on how to make the scrolls but I am a hands on person and need to see them from start to finish Physically see them done. I just looked at the book again and there are so many more with these scrolls maybe I will do them all at once and get them out of the way maybe by the very last block I will have mastered these scrolls. I just finally got through the block #17 and it was ruff. but I will not give up I will try the next scroll block and see what I come up with. I think they would be much easier done raw edge on the machine but I wanted to do all the blocks by hand and the same size as the original quilt What a pain, but the rest of the blocks have been alot of fun. So off I go to sew another block.
thanks for all the nice comments on my blocks. I guess it isn't bad for my first attempt at Applique'

no ma'am...anybody's first attempt that looks that good...wowzer! :thumbup:

wolph33 05-15-2011 03:08 PM

great block

Jabear617 05-17-2011 08:21 AM

That is so pretty!