Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   All Aboard and To The Rescue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/all-aboard-rescue-t273410.html)

EmiliasNana 12-17-2015 08:48 AM

All Aboard and To The Rescue

5 Attachment(s)
As you can see by my avitar, it has become a Nana tradition to make name banners for our grand kids.
All Aboard was adapted from Sindy Rodenmayer's 2008 pattern "All Aboard" and the colors used are the same ones I used in his Traveling Turtles quilt (pattern by Amy Bradley), previously posted here. Eli will be 3 in Feb. '16.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538250[/ATTACH]
I quilted it on my Tiara II and used Superior Bottom Line in white. I didn't use traditional batting as I wanted a slightly stiffer hand, so used fusible web on both the top and backing, and then spray basted the two together. All the satin stitch is done before the backing was applied, but the outlining was done in the quilting. Everything is outlined freehand.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538251[/ATTACH]

To the Rescue was designed using the fire engine featured in Robert Kaufman's Ruff n' Tuff fabric design #14204 Zan turned 3 in November and loves fire trucks! I enlarged the fire engine on the fabric, putting the ladder at a 30 degree angle and inserting his name. I also used the fabric line to make him a Warm Wishes lap quilt approx. 58" x 70", backed with gray Minkie and two matching pillowcases.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538252[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538253[/ATTACH]

Last but not least are the gifts for our youngest grand child, 3 mo. old Penelope. Her mom, our DDIL, always loved Raggedy Ann and Andy, but never got them as a child. As soon as Penelope was born I searched for the pattern. Found a McCalls pattern from 1970 on EBay and was lucky enough to find a machine embroidery download/or CD for the face and chest heart at Embroiderygirl.ETSY.com to fit the same sized dolls as the pattern. The dolls I made are approx. 25" tall. McCalls has a new pattern issued or revamped this year as it is the 100th anniversary of RA & A !!! Can't tell you where I found the fabric for the outfits as it was quite the search..........I think Andy's shirt is a Daisy Kingdom fabric. The calico was from Hobby Lobby..........loved the same shade blue as Andy's pants and the touch of red. Couldn't resist adding Penelope's name to the apron. As you can tell I am a bit OCD and a stickler for details LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538254[/ATTACH]

Hope all of you have a wonderful and Merry Christmas and happy and healthy New Year. See you in 2016. My kids/grandkids arrive Saturday from VA for 11 days with their two German Shepherds. Added to our two Goldens and our daughters Mastiff and Lab (here in and out), it will be quite the exciting time. Can't wait!!!

QuiltnNan 12-17-2015 08:49 AM

so cute and nicely done

lynnie 12-17-2015 08:52 AM

wow, super gifts!!!

pojo 12-17-2015 09:02 AM

very nice presents

Tartan 12-17-2015 10:01 AM

​Impressive!

PaperPrincess 12-17-2015 10:18 AM

Holy cow!!!! You sure have been busy. Your attention to detail really shows.

dluvs2quilt 12-17-2015 01:18 PM

Lovely gifts you made especially the Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy!!!!!

Cam's gram 12-17-2015 01:19 PM

All are wonderful!

merrylouw 12-17-2015 01:47 PM

WOW! Those are all Great gifts! Wonderful!

Jingle 12-17-2015 02:21 PM

Great gifts and work.