Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Amanda's pillowcases! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/amandas-pillowcases-t40684.html)

no1jan 03-25-2010 03:39 PM

Great job Amanda! Can't wait to see the quilt you make and the fabric you choose.

Go Girl!!! Now isn't that better than TV!

thismomquilts 03-25-2010 03:41 PM

that is so neat - glad she 'gave in' and made them - I'm sure she had a blast!!

JanetM 03-25-2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I mentioned in another thread that my granddaughter is visiting for the week. She's 15 yrs old, has never sewn (mom doesn't even own a sewing machine!) and said at the beginning of the week that she didn't want to do it. She didn't even want to try. Well, yesterday, I got fed up with the tv on, told her to help me. She helped with the first one, I helped her with the 2nd one and she did the rest by herself!!! She even threaded the sewing machine by herself! This is a child they say is "slow", has ADD....uh huh.....she just needed a SEWING MACHINE!! ;) I'm so proud of her I could bust a seam!!! She's coming back this summer to make a quilt! :thumbup:

Did she make those using the roll-up tubing method? She did a great job
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

wvdek 03-25-2010 03:47 PM

Wonderful gift for both of you.

amandasgramma 03-25-2010 04:09 PM

Thank you everyone! I got so excited I forgot to mention where we got the pattern!!! Thanks for reminding me. Yes, it's the Rolled Pillowcase pattern by Jeanne M. Butter at www.rainydayquiltschool.com. The pattern was interesting!!!! I thought she was crazy then VOILA, there's a pillowcase! LOL

barnbum 03-25-2010 04:12 PM

Throw the TV out the window when she comes. Take her shopping for fabric--then she'll be hooked and gone. :lol:

You are one fabulous grandma!

tracy 03-25-2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I mentioned in another thread that my granddaughter is visiting for the week. She's 15 yrs old, has never sewn (mom doesn't even own a sewing machine!) and said at the beginning of the week that she didn't want to do it. She didn't even want to try. Well, yesterday, I got fed up with the tv on, told her to help me. She helped with the first one, I helped her with the 2nd one and she did the rest by herself!!! She even threaded the sewing machine by herself! This is a child they say is "slow", has ADD....uh huh.....she just needed a SEWING MACHINE!! ;) I'm so proud of her I could bust a seam!!! She's coming back this summer to make a quilt! :thumbup:

You have given a priceless gift, your Granddaughter will always remember!

tracy 03-25-2010 04:48 PM

You have given a priceless gift, your Granddaughter will remember. Your time!

mimee4 03-25-2010 05:03 PM

Tell Amanda that we all support her. She did a great job on the pillowcases. Can't wait to see the quilt this summer.

littlehud 03-25-2010 05:13 PM

She did a wonderful job. Tell her to keep it up.