Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Annual Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/annual-quilt-show-t20234.html)

judee0624 05-24-2009 04:05 PM

Hi Sue,
I have 2 more postings of pics from this show under More pics and Even More.
There may not be another show, I heard. Apparently, they had a lot of trouble coming up with volunteers this year. We went early to avoid the heat. The houses were all small and loaded with quilts. A lot of applique' this year.
Glad to hear it inspired you to start quilting. Isn't it the best?
Do you like your eons group? I should look into that.
judee

judee0624 05-24-2009 04:07 PM

Hi Elle,
We thought they may have used the photos on fabic technique except for one quilt that looked more original. A lady I know said she bought the labels as fabric a few years back so that's where that one may have come from.

judee

sandpat 05-24-2009 04:10 PM

These are beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing. I hope they don't stop having the show...I just love to find quilt shows and go to them. There aren't alot around here...so I love to go to the ones shared here. :lol:

Dorothy of Kansas 05-24-2009 04:27 PM

Judee-0624 - I used to belong to the Citrus Belt Quilters, when I lived in San Bernardino!!! I have been to one of the historical homes/quilt show and they are absolutely stunning. Do you ever go to the "Calico Horse" quilt shop?

Wraez - I have a friend who used to belong to the Nite Owl quilters in Ontario/Upland, unfortunately, her name has slipped my mind, but she also has/had a longarm business...does that help any? I grew up in Pomona! Such a small world.

Thanks for the memories, ladies!!!

judee0624 05-24-2009 05:29 PM

Hey Dorothy!
It IS a small world! I am so happy to live in this community. You are really in a big city now, huh?
The Calico Horse is my home away from home unless I discipline myself. Did you know there was a change of ownership a couple of years ago? Donna Sheridan is the new owner. They even have a website at www.thecalicohorse.com.
Do you know where I could get the citrus label fabric?

judee

wraez 05-24-2009 06:38 PM

Hi Judee, maybe a lack of volunteers was why there wasn't a quilt show the one year I mentioned. Never really heard the scoop on it.

I'll take a peek at your other pix, I'm sure they are inspiring too.

I do like Eons...they have many many groups, just type in anything that is of interest to you & hit search (movies, Beatles, books, photography, chocolate...you name it) and you will most likely find a group. I am in 2 quilting groups there but it has been kinda quiet the last couple of weeks, which is fine cuz life has taken me in a couple of different directions lately. Probably the same for others, too. Oh, there are celebrities on their too...Jane Seymour is a member, she mentioned Eons when she was 'dancing'.

warm quilt hugs, sue

wraez 05-24-2009 06:40 PM

Judee.... I think lots of those citrus label quilts have transferred photos onto the fabric...you know copying from those many calendars that have been out over the years.

But I could be wrong.. :lol:

warm quilt hugs, sue

wraez 05-24-2009 06:44 PM

Dorothy of Kansas... small world indeed!

gee I hope you can remember the Nite Owls member who has a long arm machine.... depending on how long you have been gone, that member might not be there anymore. I'm drawing a blank too, except for Cindy Meyers, Diane Jaimes and Christel Coit. Oh and Earlene Miller. (the blank kinda filled in, LOL)

There may be others that I don't know about.

warm quilt hugs, sue :D