Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Another Diversion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/another-diversion-t265431.html)

Rosyhf 05-20-2015 07:43 PM

Another Diversion

3 Attachment(s)
I found another diversion while still trying to finish up that king quilt.....here are twin quilted Owls. I love them. I saw then and just had to have them, one if for a friend. The tummy and wings are quilted. I had 1/2 yard of Jane Sassman fabric and I wanted the butterflies right on the tummy inset. I made a mistake and cut a back and almost couldn't do both tummies with butterflies but I made it whee...

I fussy cut for the wings and barely have anything left. I coordinated with a pretty small green floral, pink and yellow so everything went together. I didn't do felt for the eyes. I just painted those. I unraveled some cord for the ear feathers. These were fun but sure took an awful lot of stuffing and all day to make.

I see I am going to have to move the nose on the right one up a bit. I am not sure about the tail either. The pattern said to sew the tail to the bottom seam and that's what I did but it sure doesn't look right but it's staying lol...I;ll go move the nose up now tho.

nanacc 05-20-2015 07:48 PM

Rosyhf, you outdid yourself with these diversions! The owls are amazing!

Sync 05-20-2015 07:51 PM

They are just so adorable.

Mariposa 05-20-2015 08:09 PM

Sew cute! Great use of that butterfly fabric. :)

QM 05-21-2015 02:38 AM

wonderful diversions

ManiacQuilter2 05-21-2015 03:59 AM

They have character because the position of the nose. I wouldn't change it.

Sharonquilts 05-21-2015 04:03 AM

Very cute! You need a nice job.

BrendaK 05-21-2015 04:05 AM

Wonderful. BrendaK

soozieQ 05-21-2015 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf (Post 7201979)
I found another diversion while still trying to finish up that king quilt.....here are twin quilted Owls. I love them. I saw then and just had to have them, one if for a friend. The tummy and wings are quilted. I had 1/2 yard of Jane Sassman fabric and I wanted the butterflies right on the tummy inset. I made a mistake and cut a back and almost couldn't do both tummies with butterflies but I made it whee...

I fussy cut for the wings and barely have anything left. I coordinated with a pretty small green floral, pink and yellow so everything went together. I didn't do felt for the eyes. I just painted those. I unraveled some cord for the ear feathers. These were fun but sure took an awful lot of stuffing and all day to make.

I see I am going to have to move the nose on the right one up a bit. I am not sure about the tail either. The pattern said to sew the tail to the bottom seam and that's what I did but it sure doesn't look right but it's staying lol...I;ll go move the nose up now tho.

WOW ! You are quite an artist in everything you do,you have a gift for colour. I collect owls I would love to know what pattern you used for this owl.

cjackaitlin 05-21-2015 04:15 AM

Very talented lady. Your quilts are all so beautiful, now you owls. Fantastic, love the colors. Thanks for sharing. Mary