Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   another homemade sewing table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/another-homemade-sewing-table-t103209.html)

scaroca 02-27-2011 06:53 AM

very creative. nice job

katlady 02-27-2011 06:56 AM

Neat table & love you Singer sewing machine that is a treasure.

barbt 02-27-2011 07:29 AM

nice table. Good job!

Jerudy 02-27-2011 07:56 AM

I'm curious, what is that model Singer machine? I have a 99 and thinking of the same idea....

sharoney 02-27-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jerudy
I'm curious, what is that model Singer machine? I have a 99 and thinking of the same idea....

Yes, it is

sharoney 02-27-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by sharoney

Originally Posted by Jerudy

Yes, it is

sorry, yes it is a 99

OmaForFour 02-27-2011 08:32 AM

Great minds think alike!!!!! I had my husband make the part that you used the table for and then I covered it with contac paper. He cut out the space to place my WHITE machine in.
This "table" sits on top of another sewing table which was made decades ago and has the hole in it for my Featherweight. It actually was purchased in the 40s along with the Featherweight.
Now when I want to use the FW, I just lift the other top (which is not heavy) off of the FW table and place the machine.

A board member posted her extension table that she made herself out of plexiglass, so I thought y'all might like to see the sewing table I made.
I started with a 2 ft. x 4 ft. kitchen table that I bought at a garage sale for $20. I built a frame out of 2x4's to fit the outside edges of the table, and attached it to the table with screws from underneath. Then I cut a piece of chipboard to fit the frame, cut out a slot for my machine, and attached the chipboard piece to the frame with screws. Then I covered the whole thing with contac paper to make it slick and smooth. I have it pushed against the wall so my quilt can't fall off the back.
It works great and I'm proud of my handiwork. The whole thing, including the table, cost about $70.

sharoney 02-27-2011 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
Great minds think alike!!!!! I had my husband make the part that you used the table for and then I covered it with contac paper. He cut out the space to place my WHITE machine in.
This "table" sits on top of another sewing table which was made decades ago and has the hole in it for my Featherweight. It actually was purchased in the 40s along with the Featherweight.
Now when I want to use the FW, I just lift the other top (which is not heavy) off of the FW table and place the machine.

A board member posted her extension table that she made herself out of plexiglass, so I thought y'all might like to see the sewing table I made.
I started with a 2 ft. x 4 ft. kitchen table that I bought at a garage sale for $20. I built a frame out of 2x4's to fit the outside edges of the table, and attached it to the table with screws from underneath. Then I cut a piece of chipboard to fit the frame, cut out a slot for my machine, and attached the chipboard piece to the frame with screws. Then I covered the whole thing with contac paper to make it slick and smooth. I have it pushed against the wall so my quilt can't fall off the back.
It works great and I'm proud of my handiwork. The whole thing, including the table, cost about $70.

I love it! Quilters are always innovative and creative!

matraina 02-27-2011 08:45 AM

Boy, there sure are lots of talented people on this board.

Crafty Lady in WA 02-27-2011 08:46 AM

way to go. its awesome