Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Another vote: I need to know which of these runners I should make more of. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/another-vote-i-need-know-these-runners-i-should-make-more-t135591.html)

barnbum 07-10-2011 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Terricat
There are very few of us who sure are in the minority, but I also vote for #1. I'm not a real Bargello fan yet, but I've been known to change my mind! I have to admit I've been a "thief" more than once, but you know what they say about Copying being the highest form of a compliment! :)

What I like about these projects is that to copy someone needs to buy MANY different florals..so hopefully they'll decide it's just easier to buy one from me! :lol: :wink:

Bluelady 07-10-2011 01:12 PM

bThe log cabin one!

brenda21 07-10-2011 02:24 PM

love the bargello

MistyMarie 07-10-2011 02:27 PM

I like the bargello best, but I think that both will do well. I really floral quilts, but I don't want to have to buy enough of the prints to do this.

barnbum 07-10-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I like the bargello best, but I think that both will do well. I really floral quilts, but I don't want to have to buy enough of the prints to do this.

That's where I come in! :lol:

JEM65 07-10-2011 06:17 PM

The floral bargellos are very eye catching. I am not a big fan of the bargello so this is surprising to me. My vote is to make some of each as the log cabin is a very traditional pattern with the floral twist.

sarahrachel 07-10-2011 06:24 PM

#2! I would love to make a bargello quilt but am kind of scared to try!!

Terricat 07-10-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum

Originally Posted by Terricat
There are very few of us who sure are in the minority, but I also vote for #1. I'm not a real Bargello fan yet, but I've been known to change my mind! I have to admit I've been a "thief" more than once, but you know what they say about Copying being the highest form of a compliment! :)

What I like about these projects is that to copy someone needs to buy MANY different florals..so hopefully they'll decide it's just easier to buy one from me! :lol: :wink:

You are exactly right! Most times it IS easier just to purchase the item and enjoy it as is, and appreciate the person who took the time to make it with such care.

nickylsf 07-10-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I'm preparing for a craft sale in October. Please tell me which you'd be more inclined to buy: a log cabin runner or the bargello. Once the votes have been cast, I'll know what to make more of. :thumbup:

I appreciate your willingness to share your opinion!

I like both but prefer the bargello, only because the florals pop even more. Great, cheerful fabrics.

Beffy_Boo 07-10-2011 07:40 PM

They're both very nice but I would be most likely to buy the bargello. Good luck with your craft show!