Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Applique in the Hoop for embroidery Machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/applique-hoop-embroidery-machines-t78320.html)

Candace 11-23-2010 04:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what I did today. I got the new Rose of Sharon Applique CD and I thought it would be quick and easy....WRONG. It takes a loooong time to cut out all these tiny pieces with steam a seam, place them, change thread color like 26 times and some talent to get it all right. I learned a lot and the next one will be perfect. I used up scraps so no worries. I think I'll love making a quilt using the Rose of Sharon designs by OESD.

This whole thing was done in the hoop using rayon thread. But the real work was cutting out everything. This is a huge block probably at least 8"- 9" wide.

erstan947 11-23-2010 05:05 PM

Beautiful!

miss_ticky2 11-23-2010 05:13 PM

That is lovely

grann of 6 11-23-2010 05:23 PM

Very Nice. I find OESD designs a lot more complicated than some of the others. My embroidery machines are Vikings so I use a lot of their designs, also like Amazing Designs. I love to do in-the-hoop sewing and quilting.

sewjoyce 11-23-2010 05:29 PM

It's beautiful! All of the hard work does show! :lol:

littlehud 11-23-2010 05:30 PM

It sure is pretty. I'm not sure I have the patience to do that though. I can't wait to see your quilt. :-D

pjustice63 11-23-2010 05:34 PM

I think it was probably worth the effort. It turned out great.

lalaland 11-23-2010 05:38 PM

It's beautiful! And maybe the saving grace is, it is a big block so you won't need a kazillion of them.

Candace 11-23-2010 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Very Nice. I find OESD designs a lot more complicated than some of the others. My embroidery machines are Vikings so I use a lot of their designs, also like Amazing Designs. I love to do in-the-hoop sewing and quilting.

One thing I was highly disappointed in was the total lack of directions that came with this CD. This was a test block so I was expecting a learning curve, but really had there been instructions I wouldn't have had to experiment! I lost one test block- a good size chunk of fabric and stabilizer trying to figure out the correct way to do the techinque. Really, how hard would it have been to stick in some directions?? I have an applique in the hoop, Janome 9000 card, and even it came with directions. Grrr.

grann of 6 11-23-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Candace

Originally Posted by grann of 6

One thing I was highly disappointed in was the total lack of directions that came with this CD. This was a test block so I was expecting a learning curve, but really had there been instructions I wouldn't have had to experiment! I lost one test block- a good size chunk of fabric and stabilizer trying to figure out the correct way to do the techinque. Really, how hard would it have been to stick in some directions?? I have an applique in the hoop, Janome 9000 card, and even it came with directions. Grrr.

Weren't there directions on the disk to download? I haven't gotten OESD in a long time, but with Amazing Designs and the Viking ones there is usually a file to print out the directions. Hmmmm.