Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Aurora Borealis from Twist and Turn Bargello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/aurora-borealis-twist-turn-bargello-t188061.html)

solstice3 05-09-2012 04:42 AM

outstanding job!!

grammy of 6 05-09-2012 04:42 AM

Thanks for your quick reply!!
Another question - When will your new book be available?
Thanks again,
Judy

lfstamper 05-09-2012 04:43 AM

WOW - love the quilt and colors. Sorry can't help on the sizing.

Jammin' Jane 05-09-2012 10:28 AM

OOHhhh!! That's pretty!!! :)

grammy of 6 05-09-2012 12:52 PM

Eileen,
I know that I am dense, but I am not sure I understand your instructions.
The way I interpret the directions -
1. Subtract seam allowance from original pattern piece
2. Multiply the pattern piece minus the seam allowance by the % that you want to make the entire pattern smaller.
3. Add the seam allowance back onto the pattern piece.

Also, I don't know what you meant by taking into account that Supernova is made in two halves when you do the math. Can you tell that I am not a math professor? LOL
Thanks in advance, Judy

Ccorazone 05-09-2012 01:30 PM

I'm not brave enough to try one of those!!!!!!

willowsews 05-09-2012 01:40 PM

Hi, I'm afraid I'm confused too. Would Supanova work if I used the same size strips as Aurora Borealis and start the slices at three quarters of an inch and then increase accordingly? Sorry to be such a pain. Thank you for any help, willow

Janet Orfini 05-09-2012 03:52 PM

Beautiful:-) I love Bargello's

kiesh 05-09-2012 06:39 PM

loveee ittt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could do this, but it's so scary!!!! But this is absolutely beautiful!!

eileensquilting 05-10-2012 07:29 AM

Ladies I thought you were doing so well. First off to those who are afraid to try bargello. They are strip pieced so make up quite quickly and easily. Start with the table runner or the small Surf Song. The table runner is made in two halves. You might see it better if you look at those instructions first. Supernova is pieced in two sections - a top half and a bottom half. It uses strips that finish at 2" so you would cut them at 1 1/2" to finish at 1" to shrink the design. Then take the cut width of each row from the number chart and subtract 1/2" seam allowance. Then divide the width in half. Then add the seam allowance back on. Trust me - I am mathimatically challenged as well. If I had known how much math was involved in quilting I would have stuck with dress making. But I got hooked before I figured out about the math. Doing the above will give you a quilt that is 48" x 48". Sorry I can't help you with any other size - I am not good at math either.

As for the new book. I am fast approaching my deadline. Martingale's release date is July 2013. It takes that long for the photography, the illustrating and the editing. Someone double checks all my math before my work goes to print. That should ease your minds. LOL
Hope I've helped. Happy quilting.
Eileen