Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   BABY BUGGY QUILT-My 1st Free Motion Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-buggy-quilt-my-1st-free-motion-quilt-t137472.html)

Pickles 07-14-2011 09:41 PM

Wow you did a Wonderful job quilting this!!!
I love your whole quilt and colors you used also.
Nice work :thumbup:

Barbara Lee 07-15-2011 09:25 AM

I just looked thru the post. Did I miss the pattern of your darling quilt. Iwould love to have the pattern Please I have 2 baby blankets to do. Thanks,

stitchntimesewing 07-15-2011 09:26 AM

I love it. Wonderful fm quilting.

pennyswings1 07-15-2011 09:30 AM

Love it and you did a great job with your FMQ'ing.
Isn't it rewarding to be able to complete a quilt yourself? I love doing my own FMQ'ing and had to learn because I don't have a long arm quilter (though I would love one) nor can I afford to pay for someone else to quilt for me. I find great satisfaction in completing my own quilts all the way through.

fixfido 07-15-2011 12:36 PM

Looks like you're a natural! Great work!

Matilda 07-15-2011 12:41 PM

OH so cute!!

chickadeee55 07-15-2011 12:45 PM

That is just too cute.

passionpiecer 07-15-2011 04:55 PM

good for u - wish I was that brave

Buzzy Bee 07-15-2011 05:30 PM

Me too.....I really don't have the desire for a long arm quilter.....my table model FM is wonderfull and I really like the look of "hand done"...I didn't even draw the design on the fabric....I just took off....the goal on that Baby Buggy quilt was to fill in the space with stitching...so thats what I did...That gave me courage and now I feel like I can try other things with FM....I'm just going to go with the flow and what ever kind of quilt I make,,I'll decide then how to "fill in"

Originally Posted by pennyswings1
Isn't it rewarding to be able to complete a quilt yourself? I love doing my own FMQ'ing and had to learn because I don't have a long arm quilter (though I would love one) nor can I afford to pay for someone else to quilt for me. I find great satisfaction in completing my own quilts all the way through.

pennyswings1 07-15-2011 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
Me too.....I really don't have the desire for a long arm quilter.....my table model FM is wonderfull and I really like the look of "hand done"...I didn't even draw the design on the fabric....I just took off....the goal on that Baby Buggy quilt was to fill in the space with stitching...so thats what I did...That gave me courage and now I feel like I can try other things with FM....I'm just going to go with the flow and what ever kind of quilt I make,,I'll decide then how to "fill in"

Originally Posted by pennyswings1

I can tell you are hooked. Just takes time and practice, practice, practice. You will be a pro in no time, you have the gift. Sent you a PM with a great FMQ'ing instruction site.