Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baby Mac's Quilt is Done! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-macs-quilt-done-t2024.html)

ccbear66 08-27-2007 11:44 AM

Great quilt Grandma. I'm sure that they will love it. Keep up the good work. I also like blue and yellow together.

sherriah 08-27-2007 03:41 PM

Very pretty!
Yellow paired with blue is also one of my Favorites:)
Great Work!!

Mommy Elise 09-17-2007 07:22 AM

Needless to say, I was very surprised at opening a gift w/ a handmade quilt. I had no idea my mom was working on a quilt for our first son, Baby Mac. It is very cute and I can't wait to use it!!! Needless to say, our son has a very special grandma!
:D
Mommy Elise

Catherine 09-17-2007 08:39 AM

keep up the great sewing Joan. It is so much fun sewing a a small child!
i had all ready made my 11 month old GD two quilts so I thought I would wait at least another 6 months before starting another one for her. :lol:
His quilt is beautiful. i've just started a new one called SpaceDudes, it will be for a friends child cuz I Just Had To make a boys quilt.!! :D

vicki reno 09-17-2007 09:07 AM

I know what you mean about sewing for a small child. GD is soon to be 4--in 2 weeks. I just embellished some store bought t-shirts for her. I did that last summer too. Its so much fun trying to decide how to decorate them. I have 2 sundresses to sew--I know its late in the year, but hopefully they will still fit next year. She is a petit little thing. I want to try my hand at a flannel nightgown for her too. I have lots of flannel just need her mom to get her measurements so I can decide on a pattern and get the right size. I sed to do a lot of sewing for her mom when she was that age too. Then it was out of necessity, now its just plain fun!

Cathe 09-17-2007 10:40 AM

Great quilt! And congratulations on the grandbaby! :D

nanabirdmo 09-17-2007 06:05 PM

thanks so much for sharing pics of this beautiful quilt. and congrats on being a grandma. it is great.
hey, i especially love the center material with just a touch of red. really sets it off.

Celeste 09-17-2007 07:22 PM

Congrarulations Joan and Mommy Elise!

It's a beautiful quilt for what I'm sure will be a beautiful baby!

Joan 10-13-2007 05:54 PM

I just have to add a postscript to my post and it is an exciting one. (Thanks for all the nice comments about the quilt, too!)

Wednesday evening, we got the call that my daughter's water had broken and that the baby would be coming soon. He was breech so they did a "C" section and at about 8:00 p.m., October 10, 2007, our first grandchild was born!!!!!

Stuart Miles McCaleb (aka Baby Mac)
5 lbs. 13 oz.
17 1/2 inches long

He was six weeks early and needed a few days in the NCU but is fine now and going home tomorrow from the hospital.

The best part is that I get to help my daughter and son-in-law with their
precious blessing this week. ( They live 4 hours by car away from us.)

Grandma Joan

amma 10-13-2007 06:01 PM

Congratulations Grandma! :D :D :D I am so glad that he is fine and coming home, I know what it is like to be a grandma to preemies ( I had twin preemies gs) What a relief it is when the doctor gives the word that they get to go home! :D :D :D Isn't it wonderful to get to be there to help with the little one? :D :D :D Thank you for sharing your good news with us :D :D :D