Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baby quilt for Cooper is finished! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-quilt-cooper-finished-t108735.html)

2 Doods 03-18-2011 03:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Large Mouth Bass in Friendship Stars.....
Doesn't that make them Star Fish? Kidding!!!

I have been working on this for our great-nephew Cooper who was born on March 11th. Yesterday was a furlough day at work so I was able to spend the whole day quilting and attaching the binding.

Cooper had better like fishing if he is going to fit in with the guys in this family. :lol:

I didn't have any flannel large enough to fit the back and I wanted something fun. The boat and mast is left over fabric from my "bookcase" quilt , the sky and sail is flannel and the fish fabric is what I fussy cut for the front.

I used warm and natural batting so it will crinkle after I get it washed. Final size is 45"x45" unwashed.

Hope they like it! You too! I'm glad to get it done! One less UFO!

Cooper's Quilt Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171573[/ATTACH]

Close up of front side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171574[/ATTACH]

Back side of Cooper's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171575[/ATTACH]

milp04 03-18-2011 03:11 PM

What a cute quilt. I really like the sailboat on the front...er back..!! Make sure to add a label. You might want to name the boat including Cooper's name! along with his birthdate.

Pam M

lallyann 03-18-2011 03:13 PM

awww! That is so cute! I really love the back too. I need to be more creative with the backs of my quilts. Its a beautiful quilt!

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Large Mouth Bass in Friendship Stars.....
Doesn't that make them Star Fish? Kidding!!!

I have been working on this for our great-nephew Cooper who was born on March 11th. Yesterday was a furlough day at work so I was able to spend the whole day quilting and attaching the binding.

Cooper had better like fishing if he is going to fit in with the guys in this family. :lol:

I didn't have any flannel large enough to fit the back and I wanted something fun. The boat and mast is left over fabric from my "bookcase" quilt , the sky and sail is flannel and the fish fabric is what I fussy cut for the front.

I used warm and natural batting so it will crinkle after I get it washed. Final size is 45"x45" unwashed.

Hope they like it! You too! I'm glad to get it done! One less UFO!

BeeNana 03-18-2011 03:16 PM

Your quilt is so cute. Love the colors
The back is adorable. One lucky child.

Dragonfly Nana 03-18-2011 03:17 PM

Great quilt and very clever backing! Wish I could be that creative!

molly2 03-18-2011 03:22 PM

Wow, your quilt is great! I love both the front and back!

beachlady 03-18-2011 03:23 PM

That is so cute and I am sure with that quilt, he will become a fisherman.

jdiane318 03-18-2011 03:26 PM

This is a very cute, possibly reversable quilt.

hperttula123 03-18-2011 03:28 PM

I can't decide which side I like better!!! Ahhh... :lol: :lol:
It is the cutest quilt(both sides of it)!!!

ann clare 03-18-2011 03:30 PM

Cute and reversible