Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Back to quilting - My first quilt for me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/back-quilting-my-first-quilt-me-t174941.html)

fatsewcat 01-08-2012 05:17 PM

Back to quilting - My first quilt for me!

3 Attachment(s)
I recently posted a picture of a doll that I made that under the title "What I do when I am not quilting...humoring friends". Immediately after I got that doll finished, I started a quilt for ME. I have been quilting roughly 16 - 17 years now and have never made myself a quilt....until this weekend. Its done and its mine. Im keeping it. I promise. I am really happy with how it turned out. I was inspired by the jelly race quilts I have been seeing so I came up with a little something of my own. It was made with 1 1/2" finished strips and overall measures 55 x77....just big enough for me to curl up under while watching a movie. I had my two youngest sons layout the color placement. There are 4 strips each of the 10 colors, so they both got to do two sets, my only request was that they didn't follow the same pattern as the first set as I wanted it to be somewhat random. I machine quilted in just a few hours. My avitar is also used as my signature block on my quilts. On this quilt, I sewed my fatsew cat into the lower corner. I am still going to put a signature block on the back with the date and location of where it was made, just like I would with any other quilt I make. Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts on my very first quilt. Now, Im off to watch a movie and test it out.

Marni 01-08-2012 05:55 PM

Awesome-love the quilting!

lfstamper 01-08-2012 05:56 PM

So pretty and love the kitty!

suebee 01-08-2012 06:03 PM

This is a great quilt!! I love it. Reminds me of the game Jenga. Very cool!

Originally Posted by fatsewcat (Post 4856145)
I recently posted a picture of a doll that I made that under the title "What I do when I am not quilting...humoring friends". Immediately after I got that doll finished, I started a quilt for ME. I have been quilting roughly 16 - 17 years now and have never made myself a quilt....until this weekend. Its done and its mine. Im keeping it. I promise. I am really happy with how it turned out. I was inspired by the jelly race quilts I have been seeing so I came up with a little something of my own. It was made with 1 1/2" finished strips and overall measures 55 x77....just big enough for me to curl up under while watching a movie. I had my two youngest sons layout the color placement. There are 4 strips each of the 10 colors, so they both got to do two sets, my only request was that they didn't follow the same pattern as the first set as I wanted it to be somewhat random. I machine quilted in just a few hours. My avitar is also used as my signature block on my quilts. On this quilt, I sewed my fatsew cat into the lower corner. I am still going to put a signature block on the back with the date and location of where it was made, just like I would with any other quilt I make. Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts on my very first quilt. Now, Im off to watch a movie and test it out.

imdelagarza62 01-08-2012 06:04 PM

Pretty colors and quilting is great.

Rosie the "Ripper" 01-08-2012 06:13 PM

This is a quilt well deserved. Love the colors. Love the pattern. Enjoy using it every chance you can.

fatsewcat 01-08-2012 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by suebee (Post 4856285)
This is a great quilt!! I love it. Reminds me of the game Jenga. Very cool!

LOL! I thought about calling that but changedy mind but so far nothing other than 'it's mine' is coming to mind.

valleyquiltermo 01-08-2012 06:31 PM

Nice quilt and well deserved to be sure, nice quilting also love your fatcat.

Nanaquilts44 01-08-2012 06:56 PM

Beautiful colors and beautiful job. I love the cat in the corner!

Quiltaddict 01-08-2012 06:57 PM

I really like it.