Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bargello process is amazing... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bargello-process-amazing-t236388.html)

Dina 12-09-2013 11:59 AM

Bargello process is amazing...

1 Attachment(s)
I am happily continuing building my bargello. This is just an amazing process. It really isn't hard, but I sure can't hurry it...just got to take my time. (not easy) I am very glad I read the instructions about a million times before I started!

I have only cut one strip the wrong size. Not bad for me. :)

Dina

needles3thread 12-09-2013 12:12 PM

love your colors - looking good

DogHouseMom 12-09-2013 12:21 PM

Love the way it's looking.

I learned a lesson with my avatar bargello. Since that one I now cut and lay out all the strips, but I don't sew them all together until I can stand back and look at it as a whole unit. With my avatar I decided to change the pattern AFTER I had sewn all the strips together. It wasn't fun picking all those seams out ... but I am so pleased with the result. It was worth it.

racerh 12-09-2013 12:43 PM

I am not sure I will ever make one of these but am fascinated by them - your colors are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Homemother 12-09-2013 12:50 PM

So pretty andI love your colors! I love bargellos! I've made several and they are by far my favorite quilt to make. I've never used a pattern but instead made up my own designs. They are so much fun to make! Watching them grow has to be the most satisfying part of it all! Can't wait to see yours completed!!!

DebraK 12-09-2013 01:01 PM

looks great so far.

Dina 12-09-2013 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 6448192)
Love the way it's looking.

I learned a lesson with my avatar bargello. Since that one I now cut and lay out all the strips, but I don't sew them all together until I can stand back and look at it as a whole unit. With my avatar I decided to change the pattern AFTER I had sewn all the strips together. It wasn't fun picking all those seams out ... but I am so pleased with the result. It was worth it.

Your avatar is beautiful! You have a real eye for what looks good, obviously. Not sure I could have picked out all those seams, but it sure is beautiful!!

Dina

ManiacQuilter2 12-09-2013 01:34 PM

Your progress is looking GREAT !!! Keep up the good work !!

Dina 12-09-2013 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Homemother (Post 6448230)
So pretty andI love your colors! I love bargellos! I've made several and they are by far my favorite quilt to make. I've never used a pattern but instead made up my own designs. They are so much fun to make! Watching them grow has to be the most satisfying part of it all! Can't wait to see yours completed!!!

I will probably never be brave enough to create my own designs. I sure admire the fact that you can!! I just don't seem to have a "design wall in my head." :)

Dina

Susanna10 12-09-2013 01:36 PM

need to get the nerve up to try one. I think they are soooooooo pretty