Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Batick Bubbles Quilt -- Handquilted. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/batick-bubbles-quilt-handquilted-t189986.html)

terri bb 05-27-2012 09:01 AM

the colors are great in this and i love the bubbles! handquilting....wow....takes so much time but it is relaxing and ive only just started so im really new at it and not good at all in my opinion....yours is great! congrats and good luck on either selling or cherishing!

ube quilting 05-27-2012 09:07 AM

Very nice. I like the mod look of it and the colors are cool!
peace

Latrinka 05-27-2012 02:01 PM

Very pretty, I love it!

trolleystation 05-27-2012 03:34 PM

Bubbles were the pefect choice for this rectangular quilt. It is beautiful, by the way.

MimiBug123 05-27-2012 08:31 PM

The colors and the bubbles are gorgeous. You did a great job on this one. I think I'd keep it if I were you.

beatys9 05-27-2012 11:26 PM

Nice batiks and the bubbles make it extra fun!

BizzieLizzie 05-28-2012 06:11 AM

Beautiful!! Love the colours in it.

mighty 05-28-2012 07:36 AM

Beautiful work!!!!

ejpkam 05-30-2012 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rose_P (Post 5246427)
This is incredible! I have a recently started UFO with a lot of pieces cut for a quilt, and if I could post mine right now you might think I was stealing your inspiration! I've started a different quilt and the teal and purple pieces can't be laid out to take a picture with the other in the way, so the best I could do was dump them out on the floor and spread them out a little so you can see the general idea of the fabrics.

My purples are mostly darker and have quite a bit of blue, green and aqua in addition to the teal. I've had most of these fabrics around for a long time and finally decided to put them together as a variation of the jelly roll race. What I have so far is the 42" long strips all sewn together with the white squares between them. After I got that far I realized that I could double the size of it if I made a corresponding row of white between the colored rows. Some of the delay was caused by having to go out and find more of the white fabric, which luckily was still available. And then I wanted it even bigger, so I bought several more fabrics in the color range. It was a little quilt idea that grew and grew, so that eventually it will be at least a queen size.

I have to say I love yours because it's so much like my own plan. Great minds think alike? :o

I can assure you mine will not be hand quilted, and I promise I won't copy your bubble idea, even though it's wonderful on this - a great counterpoint to the linear piecing.

I used the moda bake shop pattern "easy bricks" but had to alter it to work for my strip size. I dont mind if u use "bubbles" Happy quilting!

ejpkam 05-30-2012 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by DoriDeS (Post 5246060)
Love this quilt looks like it was fast and fun to make :)

The piecing itself went fast but I spent alot of time with the placement of the colors to get the look I wanted and the handquilting took a loooong time so overall I was a year with it but I did take breaks