Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Batters Up! WIP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/batters-up-wip-t104815.html)

JanTx 03-03-2011 09:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'll just apologize ahead of time for the number of times you will probably see this little quilt! I have it pieced, but now need to embroider stitching on the baseballs - I've done one just to see what it will look like - and then will need to quilt it. Just saying ... you've been warned!

The pattern started out as "Pitter Patter" designed by Keri Graff- the owner of my local quilt shop - Cedar Chest Quilt Shoppe in El Campo, TX.

I loved the pattern and bought the kit she had put together for baseball. (Variations available have the appliques/fabrics as hearts, stars, dog bones, etc.) THEN I decided to make it twin sized - not the 40 X 54 it was designed to be. THEN I decided I didn't want different colored baseballs - wanted cream colored ones instead. (THe pattern called for the baseballs to be cut from the fabrics I used for the blocks behind the ball and those appliques to be sewn on the cream fabric which would be cut into strips.) The baseballs will rag when washed.

I added the mottled orange that's the middle border - needed to make it bigger. Also used 5 sashings between the baseball rows where the pattern called for 3. So ... anyway.... there's some embroidery ahead of me, but it's easy peasy. The bed it will go on is a bunk so I didn't want it very wide - may still have to add one more border to get it wide enough, but ... it is what it is right now.

I have 4 different embroidery colors and will choose the ones that seem to go with the block the ball is on.

BETTY62 03-03-2011 09:42 PM

Your baseballs are going to look great. What a nice quilt.

funquilter 03-03-2011 09:43 PM

What a fun quilt!

Rabs 03-03-2011 09:58 PM

my BIL is a huge baseball fan...he would love that quilt. hmmm, might have to buy that pattern and make it for his birthday

luv2baunt 03-03-2011 10:22 PM

GREAT JOB. VERY NICE QUILT.

charismah 03-03-2011 10:31 PM

It is wonderful!

SharonAnne 03-03-2011 10:34 PM

Great quilt. Lucky boy (or man, as the case may be). I know both men and boys who would love it.

JanTx 03-03-2011 10:39 PM

It's going to be for my grandson, but I know his dad - my SIL - will love it, too. The SIL played college ball and also played ball on a Marine Corps team. The grandson was given an aluminum bat for his 2nd birthday and was at an Astros ball game around the tender age of 6 months. Kid doesn't stand a chance!

I'm just hoping the dad doesn't read the colors as too strongly burnt orange - the University of Texas - when the whole family bleeds maroon - Texas A&M. If he does - well, I have another grandson!

Nanamoms 03-04-2011 02:56 AM

Love, love, love baseball. My little mini stash has several pieces of baseball fabric in it.

SueDor 03-04-2011 02:58 AM

Cute!