Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES OF MY ROOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/before-after-pictures-my-room-t124316.html)

amma 05-19-2011 02:49 PM

Beautiful room! You did a good job cleaning and organizing :D:D:D

chickadeee55 05-19-2011 02:53 PM

I love that cabinet, my neighbor builds furniture and I gave him the idea of what I wish I had and that is what he came up with. And it is made with birch and oak.

Originally Posted by quilter41
Nice job. Where did you get the cabinet with the bins for fabrics? Looks so handy.

Mariposa 05-19-2011 02:56 PM

Looks great! :)

chickadeee55 05-19-2011 02:58 PM

Well, I really had to think about posting before I did it, but you know the room was just messy and I got to the point where I would just go in there and find something and leave. I had no room to sort and arrange. Now I can, and I look forward to going in there.
I think we can all relate in some way. And others sharing pictures of their rooms got me to get my room put in order.

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Great job and brave to post before pictures. I wish I had a room for storage. I have to get motivated to do this also. Look for it in June, after my vacation.

Anne P 05-19-2011 03:12 PM

I wish you many happy hours using your new room! Awesome job!
One of these days I'm going to get mine organized. I keep getting into more and more projects rather than stop and take the time to really clean it up. My husband built me a gorgeous sewing cabinet and cutting table and he made great storage shelves for everything from Christmas decorations to a food pantry. I have bins similar to yours for my fabrics, but I haven't taken the time to organize it.
Maybe when my son remodels the Wreckroom, I will get into the mood to clean the back part of the basement where my studio is. On the other hand, it's going to be really messy and dusty, so I'll probably wait until that job is done. I'll have to clean back there anyway. Meanwhile, I'm going to pack up my sewing machine so it doesn't get dirt and dust in it. No, that won't work because I have a toddler quilt I must make by the middle of June and I'm takiing a log cabin class I need to keep up with. Diningroom table, here I come.
Back to your room - it's fantastic, terrifi, wonderful and all those other positive adjectives. Way to go :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

earthwalker 05-19-2011 03:16 PM

Nicely done...love that feeling you get when a room/house is organised.

frugalfabrics 05-19-2011 03:24 PM

awesome job!

cjomomma 05-19-2011 03:25 PM

Wow! You did an awesome job. What a wonderful space to work in.

StitchinJoy 05-19-2011 03:26 PM

That looks like it was a lot of work. Good for you, making the time to do that. You'll have some fun in there now!!

craftybear 05-19-2011 03:28 PM

wow, love your room, have fun being creative