Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Beyond the Color Purple - gorgeous embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/beyond-color-purple-gorgeous-embroidery-t169563.html)

pls1946 11-23-2011 09:47 AM

Truly a work of Art!! Gorgeous!

SoozeeDoozee 11-23-2011 10:01 AM

Heavenly days! Your quilting is amazing. Thanks for the link to your blog to look at the pics taken through the process in additional to other beauties you have quilted. Your customer also did a fabulous bunch of stitching.

Cris 11-23-2011 10:01 AM

Your quilting is gorgeous! :thumbup:

BLAP 11-23-2011 10:03 AM

That is an unbelieveable quilt!

charismah 11-23-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 4712981)
Everything about this quilt is just fabulous! There just are not enough words ... WOW .. WOW ... Your quilting is truley heirloom quilting! What a gift you both have ... Thank-you so much for sharing this outstanding quilt.
This quilt get my vote for "most outstanding quilt" posted this year.

What she said!

dunster 11-23-2011 10:14 AM

OMG, that quilt is beautifully made, and your quilting is exquisite. Can I take longarm lessons from you? Seriously, how did you get so good at it? Is there a book, teacher, video that you recommend? I am so very much in awe of your talent.

Landers 11-23-2011 10:16 AM

Beautiful!!!

leatheflea 11-23-2011 10:53 AM

You both do great work! Love this one, it will be an heirloom for sure!

JoyVoltenburg 11-23-2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 4713523)
OMG, that quilt is beautifully made, and your quilting is exquisite. Can I take longarm lessons from you? Seriously, how did you get so good at it? Is there a book, teacher, video that you recommend? I am so very much in awe of your talent.

Thanks! I appreciate your comments more than I can say! I started by practicing on muslin and old fabric I didn't want any longer. I practiced feathers, feathers, and more feathers. then I practiced tight fillers (feathers, swirls, pebbles, etc.). I have a pad of paper by my chair and I doodle on that when a commercial is on or when I'm in a meeting at work. I also have a whiteboard that I practice the movements of some designs on. They key is to train/coordinate your muscles. I was lucky to have an aunt and cousin with a backlog of quilts to be quilted when I started and working on their quilts heled a lot. I did watch some YouTube videos - every one I could find - on longarm quilting. I love Sharon Schambert's quilting videos. Check those out online. A friend loaned me a couple of videos but those didn't help me as much as just surfing YouTube, or simply looking at all the fabulous quilts out there on different forums. I have taught a longarm class (a gal came all the way from Arizona for it!!) and have done some short demos for a group of gals locally, but mostly I just quilt for myself and others.

kayluvs2quilt 11-23-2011 11:13 AM

That is an absolutely incredible quilt and the quilting on it is world class IMHO. I bet we will be seeing it in major quilt shows soon.