Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Big Block Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/big-block-quilt-t83667.html)

hperttula123 12-18-2010 11:03 AM

Those are so pretty. I'm glad you showed a picture of the back with the quilting of minkee. I was wondering how that would turn out. I was leery about trying to quilt it because it stretches so much. Did you have a hard time with it at all?

gamnet 12-18-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by PWinston

Originally Posted by gamnet
Your quilts are beautiful. I love the quilting on pic 4. Do you where I can get the quilting pattern?

All were made from the pattern "The Big Block Quilt Pattern", designed by Minay Studios from Black Cat Creations. If interested in the pattern and you can't find it in your LQS, you can put the title in your internet search engine and find it on-line.

Not looking for Big Block Quilt Pattern, Looking for quilting design which is shown on Picture 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bjnicholson 12-18-2010 11:50 AM

I've been looking for something to make my DG a quilt. I have some fabric that's right up her alley, but I hate to cut it because it will ruin the pattern of the fabric. Thanks for posting it. I love your quilt!

gamnet 12-18-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
Those are so pretty. I'm glad you showed a picture of the back with the quilting of minkee. I was wondering how that would turn out. I was leery about trying to quilt it because it stretches so much. Did you have a hard time with it at all?

I have quilted with the Minkee fab on the bottom (backing) and it does very good. But once apon a time I quilted with the Minkee on top (quilt top) and it did not do well at all, because of the stretchyness of the fab.

bopeep 12-18-2010 11:59 AM

I Love Them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bopeep

maryel 12-18-2010 12:05 PM

wow!

PWinston 12-18-2010 12:07 PM

I do not do my own quilting - wish that I were talented in that way. A LQS quilted it with FMQ leaves. Someone else has responded re. how difficult/easy it is to quilt on Minkee. I do know that it was more difficult to put the binding on because my pressure foot wanted to slide off the edge. However, I feel that it was worth the effort because I love the Minkee on the back. I found that I just had to stitch slower than normal and have a firm grip on both sides (above and below the pressure foot) of the fabric to keep a consistent seam.

Opps, and I just noticed, the backing picture that I posted is for another quilt that I did with the same fabric on the front and the same Minkee backing. The third quilt was actually quilted with medium meandering. I will post that other quilt at another time.

smtp5 12-18-2010 12:15 PM

I love your tops! They are beautiful and I will have to find the pattern!
Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Sweeterthanwine 12-18-2010 12:39 PM

They are all beautiful quilts. Got to put one of these on my bucket list. If I live to be 200, I won't finish it.

Jim's Gem 12-18-2010 12:44 PM

Beautiful quilts!