Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Black & White Wall Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/black-white-wall-quilt-t66428.html)

Lady Shivesa 09-23-2010 07:50 PM

Wow, it looks like the perfect piece for your entryway! Very beautiful. :)

May in Jersey 09-23-2010 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great job. I've been collecting black and white fabrics for sometime and at a retreat in July began making blocks just like yours, we even have some of the same fabrics. I put some of the blocks together as a baby quilt. Have many more blocks and lots of black and white fabrics and hope to make a larger quilt for DGD's new condo. May in Jersey

Baby black, white and yellow quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104502[/ATTACH]

burnsk 09-23-2010 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltin'Lady
Am finally getting around to posting the quilt I made for our entryway. I'd been collecting black and white pairs for a while, then my cousin gave me a bunch more. It was just the impetus I needed to make this simple "bento box" design.

I traced plates and saucers onto freezer paper, cut them out, quilted around them with some pretty variegated thread, then repositioned the paper. Lather, rinse, repeat....

BTW, it really isn't as 'ruffly' around the edges as it looks! :-)

What size is your wall quilt? Very attractive, striking.

lotus63000 09-23-2010 09:03 PM

It looks very modernly..I like it...well done. Thanks for sharing..

annieshane 09-23-2010 09:05 PM

Now, who but a quilter would have thought of quilting around plates, etc. Such a wonderful idea and I really like the splashes of thread colors. This is perfect design for your entry.

SulaBug 09-23-2010 10:45 PM

What a lovely wall hanging, for your entry way!! :D It's just beautiful & you have done a great job making it, too!!
:D :D :D :D

Quiltin'Lady 09-24-2010 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Great job. I've been collecting black and white fabrics for sometime and at a retreat in July began making blocks just like yours, we even have some of the same fabrics. I put some of the blocks together as a baby quilt. Have many more blocks and lots of black and white fabrics and hope to make a larger quilt for DGD's new condo. May in Jersey

Oh, May, yours is wonderful!! :thumbup:

I thought about doing colored blocks as you did, but I was trying to keep to a strictly B/W theme (with just a few little bitty color bits for fun). I had the whole quilt+black table+white baskets thing in my head and finally got it out.

I don't know about you, but I've still got enough B/W pairs for at least 2 more quilts! :lol:

May in Jersey 09-24-2010 03:32 AM

Thanks Quiltin Lady. I surprised myself by using more yellow in the baby quilt. The quilt I'll make for DGD will be more like yours with little bits of color here and there as her condo is furnished with very modern furniture. Loved your idea for quilting by tracing around a plate and using colored threads, adds a lot to the quilt. May in Jersey

Fayelh 09-24-2010 07:25 AM

I like quilt this very much.

Quiltin'Lady 09-24-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
What size is your wall quilt?

Sorry to be so slow in responding. :oops:

I couldn't remember off hand how big it was, so I just measured: 6" squares, 36" wide x 48" high. Great project for a favorite jelly roll. :idea: