Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Block Bender sketches (drose) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/block-bender-sketches-drose-t98073.html)

cuppi duke 02-09-2011 07:51 AM

This is going to be a fun process for you. I hope you do them all and post them for us to see.

k3n 02-09-2011 08:18 AM

Thanks for your thoughts MTS - my initial thought before I got the book was to PP but I'd only do that if I was going really tiny. The swatch will work - I tried it on scraps - you line up the diagonally opposite corners on the seam line and cut a right angle, then turn the square ruler and cut the rectangle the size you want. This to me is more straightforward than individually cutting all the triangles where you'll have at least one bias edge anyway. I'm not really bothered about bias - when I make my One Block Wonders I'm working on the bias all the time, I've learned to be gentle! The only downside I see is that I won't get all my individual fabric pieces to play with on the wall - I'll have to make choices by rectangle block. :-D

Ducky 02-09-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by woody
Love it, but why do you do this to me??????
Now here is something else that I am just going to have to try!!!!!
I will finish Dad's quilt

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with Woody! I think I need to stop looking at anymore of your pictures.

k3n 02-09-2011 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky

I'm with Woody! I think I need to stop looking at anymore of your pictures.

Nooooooooooo! I'd miss your feathery little beak peeking in! :D

luvspaper 02-09-2011 08:39 AM

WoW! I love this idea! And while I would probably paper piece it, the other way suggested would work well also....

I can't wait to see a finished product!

pattilynn 02-09-2011 08:40 AM

I can't wait to see the finished project

RkayD 02-09-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by woody
Woody - perhaps your Dad would prefer a Block Bender quilt?

My Mum picked a paper pieced star pattern and I am bored to tears, I don't like having to make 30 blocks of the same pattern :cry:
His birthday is in April and I am about 1/2 way through, I am determined to finish it and never do another like it again LOL

I had one like that...I have an iPod I put on Old Time Radio podcasts on popped in the headphones and went to town sewing. It helped get me through. I have recently found Sherlock Holmes and am loving it! While I still have to pay attention to keep from having to RIP it does help. =) and if you don't have an iPod there are websites that let you play their podcasts. Just an idea... =)

RkayD 02-09-2011 08:43 AM

Your sketches are fabulous! And what a challenge! I'm going to have to find that book...I am fascinated by that process. I drew something similar a few years ago and tried to sew it...major fail! But I'm going to try again.

RedGarnet222 02-09-2011 08:48 AM

Wow! You sure have some nice projects planned. I can't wait to see them in fabric.

Rhonda 02-09-2011 09:03 AM

My first thought on seeing your sketches was it reminds me of me playing on EQ. It is similar to my process of thinking when designing. I have seen a couple of people on Simply Quilts who played with similar ideas. I love the effects you created! It will be wonderful to see your finished piece!
*I was excited that I inspired you to think cut down on this!* LOL Mix and max methods is a great way to ge4t it done!! I love all the possibilities that exist in this kind of designing!! So infinite!

Looking forward to this next Masterpiece!!