Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A block I HAD to do!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/block-i-had-do-t1584.html)

Country Quilter 07-29-2007 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My MIL just gave me a bunch of old Quilt world mags and I found this block in one of them and it "called to me" LOL Well, I also have a ton of polyester material and wondered how that would work for the pieces done with the machine blanket stitch design cam...... So I started to "play" and this is what I ended up with.....not too bad for polyester!! The only thing I did by hand was to embroider the stems! Very easy....I may just do a lap size quilt out of it or maybe a wallhanging. Lots of ideas!

Basket block out of 1980 Quilt World Omnibook magazine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50742[/ATTACH]

Knot Sew 07-29-2007 06:58 AM

Oh I really like that. I don't have that stitch on any on my old machines. I think the poly looks good.

zyxquilts 07-29-2007 07:04 AM

Very cute Patsy! :D I need a lot more practice at doing machine 'outlining', I always have to go around a zillion times to make it look even when I zigzag. I've never tried to use any of the other patterned stitches - but maybe I will now! You've inspired me!

sue

Yvonne 07-29-2007 07:39 AM

Patsy,
I love your little basket. Is your fabric all poly or poly/cotton blend?

I'm cleaning out my sewing room closet. I gave away a box full of lycra that was left over from my days of sewing my daughters leotards. (Giving that beautiful fabric away just about killed me!) Now I have a large box of poly/cotton blend that I fully intend to use in some work-a-holic type quilt! I'm certainly not sewing any more dresses for myself or my DDs. Those days are long gone! I'm a blue jean/sweater kinda gal now!

Anyway, Can't wait to see your finished quilt, Patsy. Keep us posted as to your progress. Which issue of Quilt World did you find this cute pattern in?

SandraJennings 07-29-2007 08:19 AM

Lovely basket! I love it! I can see why you had to do it. More, more!

Cathe 07-29-2007 10:50 AM

Cute! Don't you just love those old magazines? It seems like the newer magazines are more "trendy" and all advertising.

amma 07-29-2007 12:33 PM

I love the applique design, the colors are beautiful. I accidentally bought some polyblends and you have given me a wonderful idea on how to use them, thank you!

Country Quilter 07-29-2007 12:46 PM

It was fairly easy to work with...I did not use a stabilizer and maybe should have...I used a muslin background and that worked pretty good.... next time I might try using a water soluble glue to hold it in place better...all I used was pins with this one.

Thanks for all the nice compliments!

Sprinter 02-13-2008 04:38 PM

I love the basket!

Country Quilter 02-13-2008 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have four of these made now! Haven't worked on them in awhile...bringing this back up makes me want to tho!! Thanks Sprinter!