Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bow Tuck bag with modifications (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bow-tuck-bag-modifications-t69426.html)

dkabasketlady 10-10-2010 05:50 PM

Fabulous job and alterations on your DD's new purse!!

pgthom 10-10-2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by nena
Have had my pattern for awhile and still have not tried it.
I am a show and tell person. Not a read pattern and do.
I wanted so bad to make a couple for Christmas gifts, but I have a feeling the pattern will still be unopened in Jan.

Nena: I have both the larger and smaller patterns, and have been dragging my feet in starting one. I've read through the instructions a couple times, and put it back in the envelope both times!!! I even have fabric picked out!!
Let's take the plunge together. I know you can do it!! And so can I!!

np3 10-10-2010 06:02 PM

You did a great job!

JCquilts 10-10-2010 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by pgthom

I wanted so bad to make a couple for Christmas gifts, but I have a feeling the pattern will still be unopened in Jan.

Nena: I have both the larger and smaller patterns, and have been dragging my feet in starting one. I've read through the instructions a couple times, and put it back in the envelope both times!!! I even have fabric picked out!!

This is a great idea. This is really a very easy pattern. I know that you both can do this!

And if you have problems, just post a question here and help will be on the way to keep you going.

Dingle 10-10-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by pgthom

This pattern really is very easy. I got hung up on the front pocket. (Seems alot of board members did) Once I got past that and learned how to do boxed corners it was a piece of cake. There is a tutorial someone put up to help with the front pocket and the rest of it. Do what I did, ask questions. Members are more then willing to help both of you. Get that pattern and fabric out and get started. Once you make one you will see how easy it is. I'm now on my 10th one. :lol:

SulaBug 10-10-2010 11:01 PM

I LOVE it!! :thumbup: The fabric is so unique & just make's it that much more special!! Wonderful sewing job, too!!
:D :D :D :D

mom2suki 10-11-2010 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by JCquilts
Well, it was an experiment, so I probably didnt do it the easiest way, so it was a little difficult.. Ill be thinking about how to make it easier.. I didnt take into account that the zipper is closed on both ends...making it hard to get the second side under the presser foot.

Also, since I didnt add the bows, I took the tuck with my sewing machine on the inside of the bag.

Well, keep me posted, Judy! Will be very interested in any new ideas you have!!

Ladybugnana 10-11-2010 01:27 AM

Ok girls. I guess I need to open the pattern too. I have been afraid to try it but they are so cute. I love the DOD material you used. It is really cute and I like how you tied it in to where she has her dig. Great Job!

leatheflea 10-11-2010 01:32 AM

Cool bag, my niece would love it! I don't have a pattren for that bag, but I've made a couple in my version.

pjustice63 10-11-2010 05:34 AM

I think you just developed a new pattern and I like it better than the original. I hate purses with open tops. Mine always hit the floor when I put on the brakes.