Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bow Tucks purse (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bow-tucks-purse-t67999.html)

Kathi in PA 10-03-2010 04:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,

I finished my second bow tucks purse last evening and I thought I would share. This one is for my DIL's mother for her birthday. I can believe how addictive these are and I have 12 more to make before Christmas, so you know what I'll be doing over the next month and a half!!! Plus, I have 3 lap quilts and a baby quilt to make, WHEW!!! By the way, I used my new Janome 7700 to make this one!!! Thanks for looking!

Kathi in PA

Bow tucks #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95606[/ATTACH]

finch 10-03-2010 04:12 AM

Very pretty.Love the prints that you used.

quiltingfan 10-03-2010 04:17 AM

I want to make one so bad, but I am scared to start. Have the pattern but no material. I love the colors you used.

Kathi in PA 10-03-2010 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by finch

Thank you! My DIL said her mom likes pinks and browns and the girly look and I didn't want to pick fabrics that were too juvenile, so these are what I found.

Kathi in PA

Kathi in PA 10-03-2010 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingfan
I want to make one so bad, but I am scared to start. Have the pattern but no material. I love the colors you used.

Thanks and I was really scared, too. They are not as hard as you think, but with lots of encouragement from this wonderful board, I just made up my mind to do it and did it. Now, I'm hooked and proud of myself and my next project I want to learn and do is paper piecing!!!

Kathi in PA

NauDeeGal 10-03-2010 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kathi in PA

Thank you! My DIL said her mom likes pinks and browns and the girly look and I didn't want to pick fabrics that were too juvenile, so these are what I found.

Kathi in PA

She will love your choices! I like the same colors together and your fabric choices are very pretty together. Awesome job! Very nice gift!
DeeDee

Kathi in PA 10-03-2010 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal

Originally Posted by Kathi in PA

Kathi in PA

She will love your choices! I like the same colors together and your fabric choices are very pretty together. Awesome job! Very nice gift!
DeeDee

Thank you!! I have to give a special thanks to Norbanaquilts who was my inspiration to do these purses!!

Kathi in PA

craft phanatic 10-03-2010 05:12 AM

Your bag looks wonderful. I have the pattern and the material now all I need is the nerve! I am very new to sewing but have just made a very simple tote bag and am very happy how it turned out. Guess I will have to just jump in and try. I, too, want to try pp'ing. All pp'ed projects on here look fantastic doesn't it?!

DebsShelties 10-03-2010 05:13 AM

Very pretty, I still need to do my first one. Have the fabric I want to use, the button, and the pella fleece.
Just need to reread the pattern and sew it.

kasmitty1 10-03-2010 05:21 AM

They are really fun. I love your choice of fabric.