Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Boxer Luv Rescue Charity quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/boxer-luv-rescue-charity-quilt-t228429.html)

AZ Jane 08-21-2013 06:22 AM

Boxer Luv Rescue Charity quilt

5 Attachment(s)
I am almost done. Was getting worried if this would ever get finished. Last year I got the bright idea that I could do this!! I found the blocks on line and ordered them, was a little disappointed by the feel of them. It is printed onto fabric but has the rubbery feel like some printed t-shirts. But I plowed ahead. Found the Boxer head, that is in the corners on-line also. OK, I don't know how to appliqué. Signed up for a class, LOL, got to class, it was machine appliqué. Had to go home and get my machine. Took the class, was interesting but not what I needed. I did make a cute chicken LOL. Tried to move forward, it was a no go. The piece just didn't look right. Found a lady who gives one-on-one classes in hand appliqué, YEA. Dang this is hard!! Hand quilted mostly echo quilting but some creative. I have bones, dog house, fire hydrant, water bowl and a ball in the quilting. I clor matched the thread on the front but the really stand out on the back. Not sure if this is going to show up or not. Found help on the Board for my label. Already to finish, I can't find the label, we have searched the whole house, so I'm making a new one and she will be finished by tomorrow, but I couldn't wait. So after almost a year, here she is!! TA-DA
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431498[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431499[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431500[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431501[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431502[/ATTACH]

dcquilter 08-21-2013 06:25 AM

Wow, well done!

Misty's Mom 08-21-2013 06:27 AM

Very nice.

ladypetite 08-21-2013 06:39 AM

Love the Boxer quilt! Thank you for your contribution to Boxer Rescue! Your challenges along the way were entertaining with a slight Deja Vu on my end.....LOL. I am notorious for jumping into a project way beyond my skill set and have to learn along the way.....as you stated: 'Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.'

Grandma Bonnie 08-21-2013 06:50 AM

It's great ~ some lucky winner will love it! Great job!

owlvamp 08-21-2013 06:52 AM

Beautiful quilt!

nativetexan 08-21-2013 06:55 AM

you did a fabulous job!! seriously!!! long, long ago I took some photos to a print shop and they "ironed" them onto fabric I'd also brought. then I cut them apart and made a memory quilt for my son. they too have that rubbery feel. but it's lasted. Love your quilt!!! (just don't iron over the pics!)

DEJAHG 08-21-2013 06:58 AM

The journey to the finish definitely made me giggle! Love it!

blondeslave 08-21-2013 07:11 AM

Beautiful work-a very lucky boxer lover will hopefully win it.

pocoellie 08-21-2013 07:16 AM

You did an absolute wonderful job!!!!!!!!! I hope that it brings lots of money to the charity.