Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bright 4 patch posie using panels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bright-4-patch-posie-using-panels-t221614.html)

EmiliasNana 05-16-2013 07:37 AM

Bright 4 patch posie using panels

1 Attachment(s)
A couple of friends in the guild had recently taken a class on the 4 patch posie and were sharing the process with me at a quilt retreat. I loved their quilts, but really didn't need to go looking for more fabric, just to try the design. What I really needed was to make a floor quilt for our two expected grand sons. As I was leaving the retreat, with quilt store attached, I saw this adorable Zoo Panel and thought, 'Why not just stack 4 panels on top of one another and use that instead of yardage?!' I bought 5 panels so I could use one as the center focus. The hardest part was figuring the size to cut the blocks. I used flannel for front and back and used 2 layers of Quilter's Dream Select. Since my DSM throat is only 6 1/2" I had to use a quilt-as-you-go method. I outline quilted all the animals on the panel first, then measured to determine my border sizes. I ended up cutting my 6 1/2" blocks, down to 6" [ATTACH=CONFIG]413816[/ATTACH] so that everything would come out even. It should give the kiddos LOTS to look at : )

bonitagaye 05-16-2013 07:42 AM

Adorable!!

crafty pat 05-16-2013 07:44 AM

I love your quilt, it is so colorful and pretty.

0tis 05-16-2013 07:51 AM

I love it - I am just trying to figure out how you did it. I think you purchased 5 panels total - 4 were cut up to make smaller blocks (using the same block for each 4 patch) then one panel was left whole for the center focus - Is that right? I love this quilt.

quiltstringz 05-16-2013 07:52 AM

That came out so cute. I have some panels and was thinking about doing this or a one block wonder with them - now I really will have to do that. Thanks so much for sharing and being the cutting edge leader!

grmamrtha1 05-16-2013 07:59 AM

Here's another one I absolutely MUST do. You've made a DARLING quilt. Thank you for sharing!!!

TnBecky 05-16-2013 08:09 AM

Oh this is so cute. Love the quilt & the panels you used are just so fun. Babies are going to love this bright & cheerful quilt.

erstan947 05-16-2013 08:11 AM

Sew cute! Love all the thought that went in to making such a fun quilt! Great Job:)

MaryMo 05-16-2013 08:18 AM

colorful! creative! fascinating! I can see this quilt staying with the child for a long time .... so much to look at.

EmiliasNana 05-16-2013 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis (Post 6067248)
I love it - I am just trying to figure out how you did it. I think you purchased 5 panels total - 4 were cut up to make smaller blocks (using the same block for each 4 patch) then one panel was left whole for the center focus - Is that right? I love this quilt.

That is exactly right. I love the effect.