Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Butterfly quilted throw just completed by Patty (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/butterfly-quilted-throw-just-completed-patty-t38806.html)

grammypatty7 03-06-2010 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by lnordyke
That is just lovely. The handquilting on the butterflies is beautiful. Great job. I'm sure Kim will treasure it.

Thank you. I'm sure she will. She's very happy and very easy to please. I was amazed while watching her Mom though. When she thought I was busy with Kim, she was touching and feeling all over the quilted areas and looked like she was fighting tears. A good friend of hers in IL is also a hand quilter and has won prizes. I'm basically non competitive so have never entered a juried quilt show. We have one here Jan. 2011 and several are trying to talk me into it. I put quilts into 2 shows in IL and was so stressed out the entire time and they were just on display. They didn't have any security and I'm very uneasy about even displaying a quilt now although nothing happened to mine.
thank you
Patty

grammypatty7 03-06-2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Beautiful quilt and I really like the hand quilted butterflies!!

Thank you. I love the detail that hand quilting can add to a quilt since for now I'm very free motion quilting challenged. Maybe one day but obviously not yet.
Patty

grammypatty7 03-06-2010 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
oh that is sew pretty!

Thank you.
Patty

grammypatty7 03-06-2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by paintedquilt
Kim is one lucky young lady. I'm sure she had a great time making things disapear :thumbup:

Thank you. She had a ball doing it and took her job very seriously. LOL.
Patty

grammypatty7 03-06-2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal
Simply gorgeous!!!!!! My favorite colors too!

Thank you Dee Dee.
Patty

grammypatty7 03-06-2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
Gorgeous !!! Lucky Kim and good of you to make it for her.

Thank you. Her Mom tells me that people are just naturally attracked to Kim and always doing special things for her which is really wonderful.
Patty

grammypatty7 03-06-2010 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by annmarie
LOVE IT!!! The handquilted butterflies add such a unique touch.

Thank you. I just had to do them. I use polyester batting which is why the quilt puffs the way it does plus I don't use a frame or a hoop as my family and I love the puffy look I'm getting.
Patty

grammypatty7 03-06-2010 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by annmarie
LOVE IT!!! The handquilted butterflies add such a unique touch.

Thank you. I just had to do them. I use polyester batting which is why the quilt puffs the way it does plus I don't use a frame or a hoop as my family and I love the puffy look I'm getting.
Patty

barnbum 03-06-2010 05:46 PM

How lovely--soft and cozy. :-D

littlehud 03-06-2010 05:53 PM

That is so pretty. I love your hand quilting. I can't do it at all. Great quilt.