Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Camo Quilt - NOW FINISHED! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/camo-quilt-now-finished-t6587.html)

c2cd2008 04-27-2008 10:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a sneak peak of the camp quilt I am currently working on. The front side is Mossy Oak Break up and the back is a desert sand camo.

Celeste 04-27-2008 10:56 PM

Ooh, cool! Is for yourself?

Love your quilting set-up!

tlrnhi 04-27-2008 11:22 PM

That is really nice!
I want a long arm!!!

lin 04-28-2008 03:27 AM

Ooooooo can't wait to see this finished! Neat fabric.

Me too tlr!! Me too!!

Knot Sew 04-28-2008 03:58 AM

Wow what a set up you have...........looking good :D

c2cd2008 04-28-2008 04:30 AM

I LOOOOVE my Grace GMP Pro Frame. This is not for me, its another baby quilt. I will have it finished today. I put it together yesterday and got it on the frame. I am only going to stitch in the ditch on this one. I only used two fabrics and did a fence rail design. I have been wanting to do one but it was hard to find something to go with the Mossy Oak Breakup pattern of camo and I was limited to the tans and had no browns in my stash that would match up. The pice I found and used was right at a yard and it was one of those things that was hidden down deep in a bin here! Then I had a delema on the backing and my step son said to use the other cam I had and it could be reversable. Worked for me!

I will post pictures of the finished quilt later today when I am finished with it. I also have some other things on the embroidery frame I will take pictures of and post.

live2teach 04-28-2008 10:12 AM

Oh, wow that is awesome. My hubby would love this.

c2cd2008 04-28-2008 10:17 AM

The boys have decided that they have to have one for themselves. Looks like I have to locate some more Mossy Oak Fabric. It was tough enough to get the 4 yars I got of it. I guess I can order online somewhere. The desert camo pattern fabric was on sale at Wally for $2 a yars and I have a huge bolt of it, but not enough to make the boys one and use it as backing. I will have to find some more of that too it looks like.

Gosh I need to work on that thing but I got stuck on using my steamer again. I swear I must have adult ADHD or something. I get sided so easily, especially when it comes to cleaning. I get to cleaning something and I just cant stop. From the looks of these pics I can see that my room looks a mess too, looks like I need to clean up my sewing room as well.

amma 04-29-2008 11:39 AM

I love the camo :D I can't wait to see it finished! :D I made my grandsons camo afghans, their dad did not want traditional blankets, said they were toooo girly, so I made them camo and he was thrilled :lol:

Renae McClain-White 04-29-2008 01:10 PM

Oh my goodness! Am I happy to see someo one else with a GMP frame! I have no help here and at a lost as to what machine to place on the frame?? Is the frame easy to work with?? What about loading?? I don't mean to gush all at once but I have searching for someone who has one!

HELP!!!

Thanks
Renae =)