Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Can you help with this pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/can-you-help-pattern-t151499.html)

zzzGP 09-08-2011 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am not sure where or when I copied this photo but I liked it at the time and thought I could use it later. I believe it was originally posted last August or September. My apologies to the person who made this quilt and posted it. I really like it but never thought I would be posting it online.

I am trying to adapt this to fit a special need that I have. We have a king size bed but like a lot of couples we have different needs. What I want to do is to eventually make two quilts of this same pattern but in different colors and “sizes.” My situation is I have to use a ‘foot tent’ due to a neurological condition. So, for my side of the bed, I want my quilt to be about 60” wide and 108” long and maybe longer. Yes, I know that is an odd size, but I have special needs. I understand that is the length of a king anyway. The quilt for my wife’s side of the bed should be 60” wide and 108” also I think. This would sure prevent any pulling, tugging and make for a better night of sleep maybe.

So, if anyone knows what the pattern is, could you let me know? It might be that the person who made this quilt might read this also. If not…could someone help me determine sizes for the blocks, sashing and borders? The nine patch blocks are smaller than the other ones in the block and the corner blocks are different also. They seem to be large blocks so I believe two blocks wide with the borders would be about the right width. I was blessed with the fabric to make it so I’m ready to go.

I so hope I’m not doing anything wrong by posting someone else’s quilt…but again…I really like it.

Thanks for helping GrandPa!

Three Colour Quilt I would like to adapt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253636[/ATTACH]

Tropical 09-08-2011 09:48 PM

It is a lovely quilt and I think you honor the original quilter so I hope they don't take offense. I'm sorry I can't help with your request because I just don't have the answer. I did want to say I personally don't think you did anything wrong because you are not taking credit for it. Good luck. :)

connie_1936 09-08-2011 10:20 PM

grandpa, i'll try to find the pattern in EQ. if i find it i'll send you a copy.

QM 09-08-2011 10:35 PM

That is a 9 patch set in a hole in the barn door, a very traditional pattern. If your 9 patch square pieces are cut at 2.5", the light blue strips should be 3", the white at 2.75". Those are what I think the proportions are, not necessarily the sizes of the original.

BTW, I often download pix to give me ideas for later. Quilters 'borrow' a lot.

I, also have to keep even the weight of the sheet off my bum foot/ankle. DH and I first went to separate quilts, then separate bedrooms. You are far from alone on this. We have had to make a point of cuddling at other times than sleep times.

ranger 09-09-2011 12:52 AM

GrandPa,this quilt pic was posted by PattyZ8 on Aug. 4. 2011. Maybe you could send Patty a private message. Here is a link to the post.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-142576-1.htm

QuiltnNan 09-09-2011 05:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a quilt that is 60x108. i put it together in my EQ5. if you have EQ5, i'll send you the file. if not, i'll try to write out the details. PM me please.

MDMPanther 09-09-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
here is a quilt that is 60x108. i put it together in my EQ5. if you have EQ5, i'll send you the file. if not, i'll try to write out the details. PM me please.

QuiltnNan...So wonderful of you to do that!!!

QuiltnNan 09-09-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by MDMPanther

thanks... i love my EQ and i love designing. i've always tried to be helpful.

zzzGP 09-09-2011 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by MDMPanther

thanks... i love my EQ and i love designing. i've always tried to be helpful.

Nancy, how can I thank you enough? This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you also for the cutting instructions you sent to me also. They are perfect!

What a huge blessing you are!

I'll keep you posted on my progress and, of course, the 'final results.'

And thanks to all who responded!

My blessings to all,
GrandPa
PS: I LOVE this board!