Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Can you identify this machine table?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/can-you-identify-machine-table-t187157.html)

Sandygirl 04-25-2012 12:41 PM

Can you identify this machine table??

2 Attachment(s)
I found this cabinet at a rummage sale and I would like to identify the make/model number. It does not have any identifying labels on it. (Yes, we even tipped it over to check the bottom). I would like to make an offer on it but I would like to know more.

It is 51" L when fully open, 35" deep and 30" high.

It does not have a Hydraulic lift.

The "drawer" has a full extension slide out shelf on the bottom of it.

thanks a bunch!
sandy

SouthPStitches 04-25-2012 03:07 PM

Don't know but nice find!

Blinkokr 04-25-2012 03:10 PM

Great find sorry I can't help you and thank you for sharing, think I would make it work somehow
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

KLO 04-25-2012 03:58 PM

Sandy, A few weeks ago I bought a used Pfaff 7550 from a quilting friend and she gave me this same cabinet with the machine. I have just emailed her to ask what she knows about it. If and when I hear from her, I will let you know what I find out. KLO

Sandygirl 04-25-2012 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by KLO (Post 5169720)
Sandy, A few weeks ago I bought a used Pfaff 7550 from a quilting friend and she gave me this same cabinet with the machine. I have just emailed her to ask what she knows about it. If and when I hear from her, I will let you know what I find out. KLO

Awesome! Thanks! Very nice of her to include the table for you!
sandy

vickimc 04-25-2012 04:22 PM

Could it be a Horne???

kathdavis 04-25-2012 04:32 PM

Heck, go for it if it is a good price.

Sandygirl 04-25-2012 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by kathdavis (Post 5169792)
Heck, go for it if it is a good price.

What price should I offer??
Sandy

KLO 04-26-2012 04:25 AM

Sandy, Just got an email back from my friend and this is what she said: "(My husband) bought it for me in Santa Barbara (CA) as I recall. That would make it 20 years old.
That doesn't seem possible, I have a hard time believing it is that old. Have no other idea, do know that it is not made by Horn or Koala. Sorry, no better ideas."

That being said, it is certainly a nice sturdy sewing table. Only has the one drawer and then the pull out section below. We are thinking about adding shelves there but not sure yet. It does allow your machine to sit flush with the top so that is a big plus. My friend also gave me a sort of plastic "leg" to put under it near the far corner because she was afraid that someone would lean on the top and bend or break it. Works just find .... kind of like an extra table leg but not permanent. Even a piece of dowel cut to length with rubber or felt chair pads on the ends would work just fine too. Anyway, I like it a lot because it is so sturdy. Cannot tell you what I paid for it because I got it with the machine, all for $300 which I thought was a good deal since my friend takes such good care of her machines. Maybe offer $75.00 and see what they say? Good luck!

Sandygirl 04-26-2012 04:53 AM

KLO, you are the best! After much searching....I did not think it was Koala or Horn....but nice to know the "age" of it! I was thinking of offering $100 for it since it is for a fundraiser (Humane Society). Thank you for the input and info! You are great!
sandy