Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Carpenter's Star, Postage Stamp, Star Quilt done on summer vacation.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/carpenters-star-postage-stamp-star-quilt-done-summer-vacation-t227374.html)

Wendys Quilts 08-06-2013 08:29 AM

Carpenter's Star, Postage Stamp, Star Quilt done on summer vacation....

5 Attachment(s)
During my son's summer break from school, these are the tops that I have done. I didnt have alot of time to do much of anything else accept make these tops. When he returns to school next week, I will work on quilting all of these.

The first one is a Batik Carpenter's Star which I love, love, love. I wanted to hang this one on the wall, but my 6 yr old really loved it and said he wanted it on his bed. So of course, I put it on his bed :o)

Second one is my version of the Postage Stamp quilt. It is all scraps, 2 1/2" all sew on seperately. Alot of fun to do. Got rid of a lot, but still have a TON of 2 1/2" squares left. This one has, I think, 1296 squares in it. I plan on putting a border on it eventually.

Third, this one is really not my favorite at all. Although, I have a friend that it will work GREAT in her newly remodeled bedroom. Her room is decorated to feel like you are in Montana. I was thinking about appliquing a bear or moose on it somewhere. lol SO I might surprise her with it!

Fourth is my Star Quilt I really love it. BUT, I have had a time trying to quilt it on my frame. I think all those points where the Flying Geese are my biggest culprit! I have tried on two seperate occasions to quilt it on my frame and it has been an EPIC fail lol. So I have put it away and when I am ready to get it quilted, it WILL be going to my LA'er lol

Fifth is a picture of my cat, George, who thought I needed a break from said Star Quilt (above mentioned) because I was getting frustrated lol. And he was right. I stopped and later came back and seamed ripped what I had done, took it off the frame and put it in the closet for MUCH later lol....

Thanks for looking!
Wendy

grammy Dwynn 08-06-2013 08:34 AM

Wow, you have you been BUSY! Good job!
{{{{{applause}}}}}}}
{{{{{applause}}}}}}}

Cris 08-06-2013 08:34 AM

Wow, great job on all your quilts!!! Good luck on the quilting process hopefully someone on the board can give you a solution!!!!

craftynell 08-06-2013 08:35 AM

They are all beautiful. The first is my favorite. Love your Kitty.
They just love sleeping & playing in our stuff.

ruck9085 08-06-2013 08:36 AM

Boy, you sure have been busy! Very pretty quilts!

barny 08-06-2013 08:43 AM

Not only are you good, YOU'RE GOOD! They are all very, very pretty. And all of your piecing is perfectly done.

MartiMorga 08-06-2013 08:46 AM

You did this with your kids out of school? Wow, I am impressed!!! As grammy said, {{{{{applause}}}}}}}

Jingle 08-06-2013 09:54 AM

All are beautiful!!!! I like all of them.

frenchfryqueen 08-06-2013 10:02 AM

They all look great. I think you've undersold yourself-- #3 is one of my favorites. Love how George looks annoyed that you dared invade his napping space!

klgls 08-06-2013 10:04 AM

You were busy and they are awesome!!