Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Cathy m......what do you think ?????????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/cathy-m-what-do-you-think-t8574.html)

Izy 06-28-2008 09:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I thought it was about time I got stuck into these pre-cut blocks you sent over.

I love them to bits...but sadly one of the fabrics was short..SO I had to improvise, I wanted a pattern that would flow with the original block, so do you think this works before I make any more....and just decided that I rather like the effect of the white plain block, then I could practice my quilting techniques in those areas.

So I would love some imput on this guys... the fabrics are gorgeous, and it was so easy to piece together...this is the first time I have done traditional piecing :D

tlrnhi 06-28-2008 09:10 PM

Those are pretty!
Can't give you any advice as to what to do except GET IT DONE! lol

Izy 06-28-2008 09:12 PM

So you think that centre block will do...but what about including a plain white block, I have some of that, the blocks are only 7" finished, so to make a decent size lap quilt, I need to expand it somehow??????? :D

So come on Terri...wot to do??? IYHO!!

ladybugquilter 06-28-2008 09:29 PM

I like the white, it makes the color stand out.

tlrnhi 06-28-2008 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
So you think that centre block will do...but what about including a plain white block, I have some of that, the blocks are only 7" finished, so to make a decent size lap quilt, I need to expand it somehow??????? :D

So come on Terri...wot to do??? IYHO!!

Ok, I do like the white in there better.
Is that any help to ya? :)

Barb M 06-28-2008 09:42 PM

Oh, very pretty, but what is missing, and is that all you have, or do you have more of the squares?

Izy 06-28-2008 09:44 PM

well I think I better make myself clearer...... :roll:

The blocks surrounding it with the half square triangles is the original block pattern - I made six of them.

Then discovered there weren't enough of the floral triangle pieces :cry:

SO I messed about with the fabrics that were left and came up with the other design - in the centre of the picture??

So what I needed advice on is - does this block go with the original one o.k. in a chequerboard fashion OR should I separate them both with a plain white block???

comprendes ahora mi amiga????
:D

ladybugquilter 06-28-2008 09:45 PM

I thought it belonged there. So I would say it looks great

tlrnhi 06-28-2008 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
well I think I better make myself clearer...... :roll:

The blocks surrounding it with the half square triangles is the original block pattern - I made six of them.

Then discovered there weren't enough of the floral triangle pieces :cry:

SO I messed about with the fabrics that were left and came up with the other design - in the centre of the picture??

So what I needed advice on is - does this block go with the original one o.k. in a chequerboard fashion OR should I separate them both with a plain white block???

comprendes ahora mi amiga????
:D

I think that block looks fine!

Izy 06-28-2008 09:50 PM

Right then, thats the project for today, after I clean the windows...got my sister coming over on Wednesday....villa got to stand up to hotel inspectors lol!!

Thanks for your help ladies....I was just abit unsure if I would get away with introducing another pattern, as I really liked the effect of the original, how it makes another pattern when they are pieced, so hoped that this would sort of flow too!!