Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Which center would look best with .... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/center-would-look-best-t46883.html)

amorerm 05-25-2010 05:07 PM

I definitely like the blue center with orange around it. If you look at the other, they just sit there. The blue with orange outline say.....I'm cool". LOL

Or...you could use the orange with the two different outlines and arrange them so the coordinating color centers lay out in a diamond pattern,

Are you going to frame the blocks or what are your ideas for layout. The layout could change everything. Sorry but it happens.

roseOfsharon 05-25-2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by amorerm
I definitely like the blue center with orange around it. If you look at the other, they just sit there. The blue with orange outline say.....I'm cool". LOL

Or...you could use the orange with the two different outlines and arrange them so the coordinating color centers lay out in a diamond pattern,

Are you going to frame the blocks or what are your ideas for layout. The layout could change everything. Sorry but it happens.

Well there is not that much material to work with , that is why I took on the dresden pattern. I have planned on giving three with two dresdens for a wall hanging.. and then three that are just the one dresden which will be about 12" or 14" square.

I am not overly sure what you were explaining above. Thinking you are saying to use all the colors and end with the flower in the center??

roseOfsharon 05-25-2010 05:26 PM

I am leaning that way Ditter! The Flowers and the Blue are close ... Maybe I will do Flowers for the siblings and Blue centers for the grandkids. :)

Thank you,

Sharon

SandyMac 05-25-2010 05:28 PM

Really like the flowered centers :-D

amorerm 05-25-2010 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon

Originally Posted by amorerm

Well there is not that much material to work with , that is why I took on the dresden pattern. I have planned on giving three with two dresdens for a wall hanging.. and then three that are just the one dresden which will be about 12" or 14" square.

I am not overly sure what you were explaining above. Thinking you are saying to use all the colors and end with the flower in the center??

Since these will be wall hangings my comment doesn't count. HeHe.

Use different centers on each if these are gifts.

roseOfsharon 05-25-2010 05:36 PM

Thanks amorern, I thought of that as a possiblity too!

Albujudy 05-25-2010 05:40 PM

The blue looks like it does not have a center but just apart of the background. I would go with the flower or solid yellow center.

Princess 05-25-2010 06:39 PM

I like the blue also, it makes the yellow and pattern pop more...Good luck..very pretty and what a nice gift.

roseOfsharon 05-25-2010 07:06 PM

Thank you all.. I am thinking I will do the daughter and two sons with the flowers.. and the grandkids with blue.

Luv2sew4fun 05-25-2010 07:15 PM

I love the blue..... And I have the same washer!!