Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Chain Reaction - Final Pic on Page 6 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/chain-reaction-final-pic-page-6-a-t4249.html)

tlrnhi 04-30-2008 02:42 AM

That's awesome!

patricej 04-30-2008 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Steve
Could you maybe please post instructions so I could simply gander, scratch the balding, and leave it be after the notion of maybe? Yikes, it is an amazing piece (in my noggin anywho)! :thumbup:

errrrr, ummmm .... hmmmmm .... how can i put this? i have already been offered money for the instructions for this one, so it's on my list for an e-book.

the Irish Chain is in the public domain. i'd encourage anybody who wants to disect, figure and copy this version on their own to ...by all means ... do so. if you want instructions, though, i'm afraid we'll have to negotiate a price by pm. since the e-book isn't even started, "advance customers" would get abridged versions, tailored to the finished size they're shooting for, the size squares they're comfortable working with, fabric estimates, step-by-step illustrations, etc. at a significant discount, since i'd use whatever i developed for you as a section in the final e-book.

in most ways, it's easier than it looks. in others ... well ... there were one or two things that drove me over the edge. :lol:

lin 04-30-2008 03:21 AM

You do such beautiful work Patrice!!! I'm thinkin' you're an extremely good machine quilter. I love the pattern you used for the centers. I hope you do really well with your e-book.

I wouldn't want to attempt a "larger than California King" on my machine either. That sounds HUGE. My son's was big enough thankyouverymuch. LOL

You're an inspiration to us all Patrice. :thumbup:

Knot Sew 04-30-2008 03:25 AM

Lovely....and another great job................but.........can you say that three times fast? :wink:

patricej 04-30-2008 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by lin
You do such beautiful work Patrice!!! I'm thinkin' you're an extremely good machine quilter.
I wouldn't want to attempt a "larger than California King" on my machine either. That sounds HUGE. My son's was big enough thankyouverymuch. LOL

You're an inspiration to us all Patrice. :thumbup:

my machine quilting stinks out loud. :lol: i pre-quilted the centers before assembling the top. that way, i didn't have to freemotion.

lucky for me, my nieced said she'd prefer more than one smaller than the one humongoid quilt. i'll get at least three big laps. whew!!! dodged that bullet. :lol:

lin 04-30-2008 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
my machine quilting stinks out loud. :lol: i pre-quilted the centers before assembling the top. that way, i didn't have to freemotion.

BAH! I've seen the picture (you and I are looking at that same picture, right? :D ) and I see the words "I" and "quilted" in the second sentence. So again, I'm thinkin' you're an extremely good quilter. :mrgreen:

I've done a few quilt-as-you-go on my machine, and I admit it's easier than muscling the whole thing under the needle, and I often use stencils to sew by, but that doesn't change the fact that your stitching is really good!

How 'bout I just continue to let you inspire me? :wink: :wink:

live2teach 04-30-2008 04:33 AM

Oh wow, that is beautiful and such great fabrics.

DazzleMe! 04-30-2008 04:39 AM

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! Your quilt is beautiful!!!

patricej 04-30-2008 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by lin
How 'bout I just continue to let you inspire me? :wink: :wink:

well .... if you absolutely insist. :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Missi 04-30-2008 06:53 AM

that is fantastic - what size strips did ya start with?