Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Charity quilt recipients ...happy faces (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/charity-quilt-recipients-happy-faces-t212224.html)

justflyingin 01-28-2013 12:24 AM

Charity quilt recipients ...happy faces

10 Attachment(s)
Every Christmas we give away a bunch of quilts as part of our Christmas give-away/presents/outreach here in Poland. Here are some of the happy recipients of the quilts. What we do, is have a drawing and people who put their names in (when they come to receive their presents) have the potential to receive a quilt from the pile of quilts I've made. Sometimes tops are donated by churches/friends who want to help as well.

Most of the quilts have been posted here before...some of them as I finished them. I can see my progress from tying to beginning to quilt them.

Here they are... For this lady, she just wanted something big--she didn't care what it looked like. But she got a pretty one! [ATTACH=CONFIG]391254[/ATTACH]

This lady went for the purple/pink right away. It was like it had her name on it. No doubts for her. She wanted this one!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391255[/ATTACH]

and
One of my "quilt beside the ditch" (it is so much faster)! Total scrappy quilt--4".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391256[/ATTACH]

and This lady told us she had never won anything in her life before! She had 4 adorable children with her.
and she took my rail fence in pinks and greens--one of the first of quilts I FMQed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391257[/ATTACH]

This lady went for my QAYG one using up scraps but this is the back side. I'm not surprised. :) I thought it was possible that someone would prefer the back side to the front!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391258[/ATTACH]

and
This lady has cancer, so the quilt was just an encouragement for her. Another QAYG using my 2.5" squares. It turned out nicely, I thought and am glad she took it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391259[/ATTACH]
and
This lady was happy to get something "pretty just for her".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391260[/ATTACH]

This teen went for the Batman quilt right away. He made a beeline for it. I think he loved the colors before he even realized it was Batman!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391261[/ATTACH]

and a not-very-happy teen who was extremely suspicious about having his picture taken. I don't even know his name, though, and he got this quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391262[/ATTACH]

and this smart young teen chose the sailboats quilt. I loved that quilt--! :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391263[/ATTACH]

And maybe you can see the backing on this sailboat quilt--this is part of the roll of 200 meters of this plaid I was able to get for about $40. :)

And oh...no one here is homeless--just people who could use a helping hand.

And I'm so slow about posting because I got dreadfully sick right after Christmas and it kind of put me behind with everything!

QM 01-28-2013 01:05 AM

It is very good when your work is appreciated, especially when they are really needed. Hurray for you and your church.

dilyn 01-28-2013 01:57 AM

The recipients look very pleased with their quilts! What a wonderful thing you are doing! Bless you!

frustratedquilter40 01-28-2013 03:27 AM

All great work so great that you give your gift of quilting to people who need a little helping hand. You are truely and Angel to those people:)

karenpatrick 01-28-2013 03:35 AM

What a good thing you do. Are you a native or a transplanted American? Your English is perfect. Keep up the good work. We are all very proud of you.

QuiltnNan 01-28-2013 05:08 AM

all of the quilts are great and it's nice to see appreciative recipients

luana 01-28-2013 05:15 AM

Thank you for sharing this photos. I warmed my heart on a cold Iowa day.

nabobw 01-28-2013 05:16 AM

just wonderful

kateyb 01-28-2013 05:17 AM

Everyone looks happy to receive a quilt. You and all your friends keep up the good work.

red-warrior 01-28-2013 05:21 AM

God bless you for your kindness....your quilts are lovely!