Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Charity (Snuggle) Quilts made this year and ready to be delivered (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/charity-snuggle-quilts-made-year-ready-delivered-t208548.html)

imnywoman 12-17-2012 01:02 PM

Wow, they are all outstanding! You have a very kind heart.

QUILTNMO 12-17-2012 01:05 PM

bless you they are all beautiful you will make someone very happy!!!

hikingquilter 12-17-2012 02:07 PM

Love your cuddle quilts! All are terrific and the kids will love them.

nclauri 12-17-2012 02:47 PM

You are awesome! You have dedicated so much of your time,talent and money towards your snuggle quilts and I am sure there will be very happy children. Thanks for sharing.

mirabelle 12-17-2012 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by maryellis (Post 5724876)
Love them all, but the last one is my favorit. Where did you find the pattern for it. I would love to make one for my son.

Hi Maryellis
Is that the Monster quilt? I can't remember if it was Oregon Patchworks or Embroidery Library. I have had my embroidery designs for quite a while. These were machine embroidery applique designs. Hope that helps.
There are no patterns as such for the actual quilts, I use a lot of 2 1/2 inch square and checkerboard designs to make the quilts to the size I want.
Hope that helps

mirabelle 12-17-2012 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by means35057 (Post 5725126)
Your quilts are great and you are an inspiration. I would love to know where you found all the cute embroidery designs. I haven't seen any like them - they are perfect for using on quilts for children. I just wish I had the time to do as many as you have done - maybe one day when I retire.

Hi means35057
Most of the embroidery designs come from Oregon Patchworks, you can do a search of their site for machine applique designs and you will find hundreds. Hope this helps

mirabelle 12-17-2012 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by mariereidy (Post 5725305)
These cuddle quilts are beautiful. What size do you make a cuddle quilt? Marie

Hi mariereidy
I try to make them approximately 50 x 60 inches, it seems to be an easy size to get to with 12 blocks and a few borders.

mirabelle 12-17-2012 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scrap41 (Post 5725444)
These are adorable!!! I love the Farm Animals, was that a pattern?
If so, what is the name of it. My GD is having ababy in March and
she loves cows!!! keep up the good work.

Hi Scrap41
The patterns for the Farm Animals is from The Craft Cubby which is an Australian company, they have a website www.craftcubby.com.au and the pattern is called Raggedy Farmyard

mirabelle 12-17-2012 05:13 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I hope I have answered all the queries.
Happy a Merry Christmas everyone

huntersgrammie 12-17-2012 05:59 PM

where did you ever find the blocks to start with. i love the airplanes would love to have them as well as the charactors in the bottom quilt. adorable. you are a wonderful person to donate your time and quilts to such a worthy cause. blessings to you. merry christmas