Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Christmas Stockings I got at Octoberfest (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmas-stockings-i-got-octoberfest-t159248.html)

Lostn51 10-09-2011 02:13 PM

OH I am paying for it today believe me but I really enjoyed being out of the house and it felt so wonderful to be out in the public again. I can not tell you how many times I was asked what happened to me and how in the world did I get it. But I didnt mind because I could interact with folks and I could also let them know what the power of prayer can do! But there were not that many folks selling quilts or wall hangings but the few that were did very beautiful work!

Billy

TrenbeathRanch 10-09-2011 02:23 PM

Holy Cow! You got a great deal, and I'm happy for your good fortune, but it's so sad to imagine how tough things must be for that woman to take such a big loss on her excellent work. Where I live, that sort of product would sell very well at local craft shows.

fayzer 10-09-2011 02:37 PM

Good Grief! What a deal for those beautiful stockings.

dar627742 10-09-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I finally felt like doing something so my wife,son and I went to Howenwald TN to the Octoberfest this year. It was a gorgeous day and the temps were really mild with a light breeze so it felt wonderful being out of the house. We saw quite a few vendors there before going to the main hwy and hitting the worlds largest yard sale that goes on for 5 or 6 states. These were the cutest stockings I had ever seen and were hand made by the lady selling them.

I paid $2 each for them!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

They are all handmade and embroidered with a lining on the inside. How she was making money on them I have no idea but they are beautiful and she did some really nice work. She also had some utilitarian hand tied quilts for $10 and I started to get a couple of them just because they were so wonderfully made and I liked the fact that I could enjoy them for years to come. I have some photos of the yard sale and the tons of things I came home with from there but I will make that another post.

Billy

are you SURE they weren't $20.00 each?????????????
they would have been cheap at that price!!!
dar :thumbup: :thumbup:

amyjo 10-09-2011 02:48 PM

glad to see you were able to get out Billy. still prayning daily that you get better all the time. take the time to smell the roses and you sure did that at that yard sale. don't overdo it.

Lostn51 10-09-2011 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo
glad to see you were able to get out Billy. still prayning daily that you get better all the time. take the time to smell the roses and you sure did that at that yard sale. don't overdo it.

Oh I will and I love your avatar!!!!!

Billy

RenaB 10-09-2011 02:57 PM

I love the boot!!

gramajo 10-09-2011 03:13 PM

Glad you were able to be out & about.

Love the Cowboy Santa. :D

Tink's Mom 10-09-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by frarose
How on earth cvould anyone sell those for only $2? Beautiful stockings.

Thats the same thing I was thinking when I heard what they were going for. They are a full size stocking and really well made!

Billy

Wow! Can't believe that price...Glad you felt up to going and having a good time.

nursie76 10-09-2011 04:07 PM

First...so glad you are were feeling good enough to get out today, and second...those are the most adorable stockings I have ever seen. And $2 WOW! I would have snatched them up too!