Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Christmas Table Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmas-table-quilt-t301722.html)

Mumto2 12-22-2018 09:25 AM

Christmas Table Quilt

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I have started making quilts for my table! Like most of you I have bed fulls of quilts that never see much use but I still love making them. I give many away but still like some keepers for my own family. With poly batting and machine stitched with washability in mind these seem to be a solution for me. I am going to start Easter/Spring after the holidays!

My son recently asked if it was a trend he had missed which cracked me up. Then when I said I didn’t have to make more ( I made a Fall themed one and Birthday already this fall) he decided to help plan one. As requested I have moose, gnomes, and trees. My young adults love it and have became comfortable eating on them finally. It took awhile for it to sink in They I want to use these quilts and wash them.......really messy meals we do take them off!

I used free patterns from SewFreshQuilts my Santa Gnome was a free pattern from Simple Simon and Co., the trees are my own.

Tartan 12-22-2018 11:04 AM

Very cute! Get a large piece of the clear tablecloth plastic from Walmart and it can stay on for even messy meals.

nativetexan 12-22-2018 11:24 AM

Oh that is so nice! good going! they will learn to appreciate your work yet. and quilted things!!

LavenderBlue 12-22-2018 11:48 AM

I love this idea. Have always wanted to use on the table too, but need to get some clear plastic to relax about them. ;-)

Granna of 5 12-22-2018 11:56 AM

I really like that. It is perfect for your table, this is the first one I have seen that really appeals to me as a table quilt. Great job.

Crqltr 12-22-2018 12:21 PM

I too have quilt table covers! Yours is very cute!

QuiltnNan 12-22-2018 12:24 PM

nicely done

Mumto2 12-22-2018 12:47 PM

The clear plastic is a great idea! Thank you!

The octagon shape was a challenge but by the Christmas one I learned to figure out the center and working out from there, it’s fun. I am finally going to get to use some of my fun blocks that I keep saving but don’t want to turn into a quilt by themselves. It’s fun piecing things together!

I will post a picture of my Fall Table quilt so you can see the improvement in concept as soon as the website lets me.

I bought some fabric for the Spring one last night, tiny pink flowers and green on cream. I might change it but as long as the bunnies are chocolate and I use lots of tulips I think it will be cute!

My upload keeps failing, any ideas why? I have done two photos already today......have I reached a limit?

Jingle 12-22-2018 02:11 PM

That is one beautiful table cloth.

sue.ross.8782 12-22-2018 02:57 PM

All the table topper needs to make it complete is a plate of freshly baked cookies. Merry Christmas!:o