Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Cole's Practice Piece....quilted by Charisma's Corner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/coles-practice-piece-quilted-charismas-corner-t154274.html)

charismah 09-19-2011 05:21 PM

7 Attachment(s)
As some of you already know...two of my boys are starting their own LAQ business. Carl is 14 ( almost) and Cole is 13.
I am so proud of them.

Cole did this practice piece...he is trying to get his all over stipple consistent..this is his large stipple. He was upset with some of his "mistakes" but I think for his first time..he did really well...and he is going to pin on a second piece to get his smaller stipple down....and weave in and out of blocks and around appliques.

Cole is very detailed oriented. But on top of that he is very excited to EARN his own way and not be handed anything...which even makes me more proud than the way he quilts.

Some of you may recognize some of these blocks..as they were part of a block swap last year ...down on the farm theme swap..I have used them in several different quilts...Thanks so much!

Cole quilted this on an 18 INNOVA and we used hobbs poly down batting (scraps actually)

Thanks for looking.
:thumbup:

cathyvv 09-19-2011 05:23 PM

That's really good work! We know who he inherited his artistic talent from! Looks like he also inherited your work ethic. That does indeed tend to make a Mom proud!

nativetexan 09-19-2011 05:29 PM

that is learning good hand/eye co-ordination too. great quilting.

lindyline 09-19-2011 05:43 PM

Wow Cole way to go. am so loolong forward to seeing what you do next.
He may not be completely happy with it, but from the back there's a lovely consistent stipple, and isn't that what you're aiming for. You can be rightly proud of these two boys.

Scrap Happy 09-19-2011 05:47 PM

Cole did a beautiful job! :thumbup: Lots of talent in your family.

Quilter7x 09-19-2011 05:49 PM

Cole did excellent on the practice piece - I think he's ready for a real quilt! :thumbup:

SharonAnne 09-19-2011 05:51 PM

You have every right to be proud. He's going to really go places with his talent. And getting such a start at such a tender age!!!! wow. I'm impressed!!! Can't wait to see more from your wonderful boys.

LeeAnn 09-19-2011 05:53 PM

Cole is doing great! It won't be long before your precious boys will be doing as well as you. Way to go guys!

deedum 09-19-2011 05:56 PM

I must say! That is totally awesome! Way to go Cole!

suebee 09-19-2011 05:58 PM

FANTASTIC job Cole!!! Dont be too hard on yourself, it really looks darn good. Listen to Mom and you'll be a pro in no time flat! CONGRATS.

Originally Posted by charismah
As some of you already know...two of my boys are starting their own LAQ business. Carl is 14 ( almost) and Cole is 13.
I am so proud of them.

Cole did this practice piece...he is trying to get his all over stipple consistent..this is his large stipple. He was upset with some of his "mistakes" but I think for his first time..he did really well...and he is going to pin on a second piece to get his smaller stipple down....and weave in and out of blocks and around appliques.

Cole is very detailed oriented. But on top of that he is very excited to EARN his own way and not be handed anything...which even makes me more proud than the way he quilts.

Some of you may recognize some of these blocks..as they were part of a block swap last year ...down on the farm theme swap..I have used them in several different quilts...Thanks so much!

Cole quilted this on an 18 INNOVA and we used hobbs poly down batting (scraps actually)

Thanks for looking.
:thumbup: