Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Complete Redesign (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/complete-redesign-t57448.html)

Ms. Shawn 08-02-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by renee765
Have you ever had one of those projects that seemed like such a good idea when you were thinking about it, only to find that you really hated it when you saw it 'in person'?

My daughter had collected a lot of fabrics that had cherries in them, and I told her I would make her a quilt with those fabrics. My plan was to make a Turning Twenty quilt. I've seen so many of your pictures here with that design, and loved every one of them!

I don't know what I was doing wrong, but as I completed the rows and put them up on my design wall, all I could think was that I hated it! I've read so many posts that the Turning Twenty was an easy pattern, but for some reason my pea brain just couldn't get it! Having to keep track of that Block B that's used in the even rows for every other block was just so confusing! I marked the Block B with little circles, but even then I kept getting confused. And to top it off, I didn't like the way it looked even when I did get the row right.

After about the third time of ripping blocks apart, I backtracked and went with an entirely different pattern. That one went together so easily.

Have you ever had a pattern that just didn't work for you even though you've loved the quilts others made with that pattern?

Well since I have never made a quilt or even own one :oops: :cry: :cry: :-( I think the first one is great, but the secound is much better!!! I Love it, it is beautiful my daughter loves things with cheeries on them. Your quilt would be perfect for her!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-P :thumbup: :XD:

kacy 49 08-02-2010 09:01 AM

WOW your redesign is absolutely beautiful.

pookie ookie 08-02-2010 09:06 AM

Wow. I'd say never doubt your instincts. You were right. Love that redesign.

Sometimes I use one I don't like as a backing. In general, I alter every pattern I use. Seriously. In a sampler, that can mean every block is altered.

sidmona 08-02-2010 09:09 AM

Your redesign is so much nicer :thumbup:

woody1229 08-02-2010 09:13 AM

My 'day' job (the one that keeps me from quilting as much as I'd like) is as a script analyst for the movie studios. What you've done here is what we would call a 'Page One rewrite' - where you take only the most basic elements of the project (in your case, the fabric!), toss the rest aside and totally start over. It's really hard to do, at least in the screenplay world, so I applaud your ability to revise your vision so thoroughly!

pojo 08-02-2010 09:29 AM

I like the second one better too!

What is the name of it.

krabadan 08-02-2010 09:32 AM

I like your final design too. Glad you found a way to use the Turning Twenty pieces to your advantage. It came out great.

LeeAnn 08-02-2010 09:58 AM

Beautiful quilt!

aberi 08-02-2010 10:03 AM

The final design is definately a great choice. It is beautiful and truly shows off the colour combinations!~

alaskasunshine 08-02-2010 10:29 AM

I love your redesign too!!! The white is great too! :-D